Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: E-mule

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

E-mule

Thought Id start a topic about Emule. In my opinon i both love it and hate it. Your almost guarenteed the correct download which does not have any errors with it, great plus for emule, as Kazaa programs are mainly corrupted or fakes And then on the other hand sometimes it can take so long for a download. And the major minus for Emule is that If you download say 2 cds of a large game and see that almost everyone else trying to upload the 3rd is missing the same parts as you. Therefore, youd have to cancel them all as theres only a like 1 person with the 3rd cd lol.

Well, at the moment I am trying to download only 1 cd games as a result of the above, but I hope enough are willign to share to be able to get more than 1 cd :P So E-mule, I love ya and hate ya at the same time :lol:

Post your views on it.
    TNTIcemanTNT

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

E-mule

i like it cause no corrupted files and they got NEW games with sources

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

E-mule

I tryed Emule a few times. But everytime it does weird things to my Startbar Icons.. they vanish! :blink:

A friend of mine downloads all the new movies for me and i put them on Klite to share them (yes those people exist ! :unsure: )
    Movies like The Eye, Below, Altered States.

So i must say that Emule has a lot of cool new Files that's true, but i just don't like what it does to my system!

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

E-mule

WTF is emule?

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

E-mule

Originally posted by marine_aart@6 April 2003 - 21:17
    WTF is emule?
    you don't no a lot do you, e mule is a shit p2p app. damm it is shit got like 300 users sharing 1000 files i used it once i got adsl 512k and i was dling at the speed of a 56k i was uploading faster, cos you got to upload in order the download.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

E-mule

I love the program (doesnt use the full download bandwidth (uses about 40-50 out of 75)) But the searches are very good for finding rare files.

Ive prob downloaded more on emule than kazaa in a year. Total uploaded = 30Gb and Total downloaded = 100GB in a month period.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

E-mule

I just started using eMule recently, and so far I really like it. There are several games and movies that I've been searching for on Kazaa for a long time, and I found them all right away with eMule. Yes the downloads take a while, and the software is still a little buggy, but I think someday it'll be ready to challenge Kazaa for the top spot.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

E-mule

I like emule more then K++ for some things, and K++ better then emule for others...this has already been stated 100 times, but here goes: K++ is good beacuse it has the best speeds, and if U want popular files, Kazaa is perfect , however, emule, although mutch slower then kazaa, has a LOT of games and movies, wich are not corrupt...so is it better to download a corrupt/fake file at 100kbps, or get the real thing at 10kbps??

Bottom line is: Use both, and put SoulSeek is for a complete package :lol: :lol:

p.s: besides ther's always a server with good ping (100-300ms), and with a lot of users and files available for me

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

E-mule

e-mule can shove it

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

E-mule

Originally posted by MagicNakor@6 April 2003 - 18:03
    you could try switching servers. And searching globally (not just on the server you're on) helps a lot too.
    That's exactly right, MN. People who say they hate eMule might not realize this. You need to update your server list, then pick one with a low ping and a lot of files (double-click on it to connect to that server). And when you search, use 'Global Search' - you'll get more results that way. Like I said before, it's a great program once you learn how to use it. They just need to make it a little more user friendly.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

In what corner do we have Search box?

Thread Information