I truly do not know why, but I just never get asked to school dances. My school's homecoming dance is in 2 weeks, and nobody's asked me yet. I actually don't really know what my question is... maybe how to cope or feel better about it? I don't really wanna ask someone else because I'm not interested in anyone... but it's just really sad because I feel like practically everyone has a date already except for me! And I really wanted to go to homecoming for once, because I'm a junior and I've always wanted to go... I was hoping someone would finally ask me this year, but that has yet to happen. :/ And I don't want to just go by myself, because all my other friends seem to have dates this year, and that's just be awkward.

And the BIGGEST part that annoys me is: I honestly do NOT know why this happens! Am I really that repulsive or intimidating or something? I really would like to think not... I mean, I was voted onto student council last year, and I have plenty of friends and people who, at least to me, seem to like me. Everyone always tells me I'm really nice and everything, and I always try to be friendly with everyone! I have a decent number of guy friends, too, but maybe I'm too weird? I tend to just be myself around my guy friends because I'm really comfortable around them... but maybe that scares them? I really have no idea. And I've always kinda thought I was at least around the average-looking range when it comes to appearance... but this whole scenario is making me suspect that I might actually be a lot less attractive than I originally thought. That'd just suck.

This is all really depressing because I'm 16 already and still has never been kissed. I've never had a serious relationship before, even though I did have a "boyfriend" in middle school for a few months. I don't know if that really counts, though, since I was so young.

I feel like I'm never gonna get asked out in high school, let alone even get asked to school dances. :/ What can I do to feel better or make the situation better? Or any other advice on what I should do for anything else?

Thank you so much in advance! Sorry this post makes me sound kinda like a pathetic teenager.