Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

hd, nzb site...?

Well I guess if you have a very small TV or monitor it really doesn't matter. If it is a bandwidth issue then I say download whatever you can so you don't go over your cap. If there is no cap on your bandwidth there really isn't a good reason not to download a decent HD release.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

hd, nzb site...?

Quote Originally Posted by EyeBaller View Post

1080p rips usually run around 7-8gb+++. I would say if you're gonna get p2p 2-3gb, go all the way for a scene 4gb rip, not *another* 4gb for a 1080p.
    true, but from my point of view there is not really that much difference between the 2-3gb 720 movies that I get through direct download and the 4gb scene rips that are found all over usenet, other than the extra hdd space they take up
    i get my encodes from a team called hd-unit3d, I recommend you check them out if you've never heard of them

with this kind of logic, I'm thinking that if I want a real improvement of the quality of movies that I download, I might as well go for a 1080p 8.5gb release, which is just as easy to obtain through usenet as a 720p 4gb

the main reason why I really like the small sized 720p encodes is because I have a 22" 1650*1050 monitor with which I view the movies, so quality increase is not really all that noticeable

I do have a 42" 1080p tv, but I dont yet have a blu-ray player, so once I get one of those and a Bluray burner, I'll look to use netfix rather than downloading full bluray rips

My 720p encodes, on the other hand, can come with me where ever I go and take up a relatively small amount of space:lol:

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

hd, nzb site...?

Then it will be only a matter of time till Red-ray replaces Bluray.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

hd, nzb site...?

ok thanks, I was just under the impression that their encodes were special for some reason

and i've seen teh index, quite a few times actually and it has some good stuff

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

hd, nzb site...?

Quote Originally Posted by beansis View Post
    ok thanks, I was just under the impression that their encodes were special for some reason
    They don't have encodes. They have full blu-ray discs. :whistling

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

hd, nzb site...?

Go to binaryinvasion.com to find those abhdtv posts spotted, specifically this forum http://www.binaryinvasion.com/forums...?showforum=114

It may be worth $20/year if you're already using newsgroups to rip BR discs, which is a relatively expensive form of piracy. I haven't upgraded to BR yet so I'm not sure.

If you were just looking for encodes, I would have to say that joining the irc channel alt.binaries.hdtv.x264 on efnet.org is the best way to get into things. Check out http://www.gotnzb4u.me.uk/x264/requests.php and play around to get familiar with the fact that they post most of the good HD encodes to usenet.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

hd, nzb site...?

hey~what"s up~

I"m the user of giganews and newsbin pro and nzb site "matrix", "srus","merlin"

I"m not interested in movies and utilities, but interested in blu-ray, performance HD and music.
    I want you to recommend me nzd sites and also the usenet related sites would be OK

torrent? oh... no thanks

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

hd, nzb site...?

Hmm I guess that could be but, as an example I compared a DVD5 copy of The Boondock Saints the 1.78gb encode The.Boondock.Saints.1999.m-HD.720p.x264-VALKiNTENSiVE and I would say the encode is quite a bit better

IMO opinion there are too many variables to say for certain if 720p encodes are better than DVD but I would definitely not call them standard def

Mainly I really like the encodes because they are a good compromise between size and quality.

I can't tell a difference either to be honest and I have a pimp as monitor....But I backup most of my bought dvd's in xvid format and content that way, because I stream them to the 360 and looks fine to me :lol: I do have some HD rips that I did awhile back when/before my blu ray player/reader broke, so I'm glad I backup those up, because I would not be able to watch them, but I have the Dark Knight and Transformers and I must say they look alot clearer but I also, both are hovering 8GB, and comparing them to my "used" DVD purchase's of them, I can tell a difference sometimes, depends on how hard I'm looking....but most people say Bluray is the way there meant to be watched, but they said the same thing about DVD 5-8 years ago, and same ting about HDDVD :lol: So, yes if you have the setup get the best rips you can, if not, 720p will suffice most people, both of mine are in 720p and I would figure 1080p would be a huge jump, but I've yet to compare my rips or set down to rip them (sure I will once I get my reader back)....I probably didn't make any sense, sort of high

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

hd, nzb site...?

true, but from my point of view there is not really that much difference between the 2-3gb 720 movies that I get through direct download and the 4gb scene rips that are found all over usenet, other than the extra hdd space they take up
    i get my encodes from a team called hd-unit3d, I recommend you check them out if you've never heard of them

with this kind of logic, I'm thinking that if I want a real improvement of the quality of movies that I download, I might as well go for a 1080p 8.5gb release, which is just as easy to obtain through usenet as a 720p 4gb

the main reason why I really like the small sized 720p encodes is because I have a 22" 1650*1050 monitor with which I view the movies, so quality increase is not really all that noticeable

I do have a 42" 1080p tv, but I dont yet have a blu-ray player, so once I get one of those and a Bluray burner, I'll look to use netfix rather than downloading full bluray rips

My 720p encodes, on the other hand, can come with me where ever I go and take up a relatively small amount of space:lol:
    You won't notice any difference between a mHD encode to a 1080p rip on a 22". You will notice a difference on your 42" TV :naughty:.

I like HD-BB but i'll look at UD-Unit3d too :yup:

EDIT: HD-Unit3d is really good, they've got 480p (:lol encodes!

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

hd, nzb site...?

Quote Originally Posted by SonsOfLiberty View Post
    Then it will be only a matter of time till Red-ray replaces Bluray.
    We'll be downloading 1000gb movies by then:happy:

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

In what corner do we have Search box?

Thread Information