Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

hd, nzb site...?

Quote Originally Posted by SonsOfLiberty View Post
    I've never even heard of so must not be :lol:

For HD content you can use our index, do people not see our NZB index or what?

Or go to search engine (there are many oh many) and type:
    #a.b.hdtv.x264@EFNet
    Or just browse the group? :whistling

http://www.nzbindex.nl/groups/alt.binaries.hdtv.x264/

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

hd, nzb site...?

Quote Originally Posted by hotshot6473 View Post
    Well I guess if you have a very small TV or monitor it really doesn't matter. If it is a bandwidth issue then I say download whatever you can so you don't go over your cap. If there is no cap on your bandwidth there really isn't a good reason not to download a decent HD release.
    Well for me it actually is a bandwidth issue

@SonsOfLiberty

The one difference that I do notice is that the 720p rips that I have look better, and more clear, when put on DVD5 through ConvertXtoDVD than original DVD5 films . . . I have yet to try this with 1080p tho (on my 42", that is)

there is some difference between source and encode on my pc setup but it isn't the best so I'm just buying my time until I get a bluray player and burner so I can use my tv!

maybe the damm bluray blanks will be less expensive by then. . .

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

hd, nzb site...?

[/QUOTE]You won't notice any difference between a mHD encode to a 1080p rip on a 22". You will notice a difference on your 42" TV :naughty:.[/QUOTE]

Yea but I have a desktop on a different floor so I cant really view any of my downloads on the 42",
    I will be getting a 1080p 16" laptop that will have a bluray burner pretty soon tho. . .

Im thinking that if I wanna use the tv I want full bluray quality so i'll skip the downloading all together and go with the netflix copy method

[/QUOTE]I like HD-BB but i'll look at UD-Unit3d too :yup:

EDIT: HD-Unit3d is really good, they've got 480p (:lol encodes![/QUOTE]

I agree hd-bb is really good but I think HD-Unit3d is more consistent overall, you should see their Iron-Man and Watchmen encodes, i am talking about 720p though, I pretty much never get 480p

some other good places are x264-bb and HDmania:w00t:

my bad on the quotes

oh and there is a difference on the 22" monitor, but it isn't very significant

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

hd, nzb site...?

Quote Originally Posted by beansis View Post
    there is some difference between source and encode on my pc setup but it isn't the best so I'm just buying my time until I get a bluray player and burner so I can use my tv!

maybe the damm bluray blanks will be less expensive by then. . .
    I still can't figure out why you want to buy bluray blanks and burn releases when there's so many cheaper/easier/more efficient ways to watch these releases on your tv!!??

Enlighten us??

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

hd, nzb site...?

Quote Originally Posted by beansis View Post

Well the thing is I know some really good places to get some amazing 2-3gb 720p encodes through direct download . . . so i meant quality 720p encodes in relatively small size are hard to find on usenet

and if im gonna download 4gb+ i might as well go all the way for 1080p
    There are tons and tons of quality 720p rips here, and I mean tons, why would you want a 2GB 720p? That's degrading the movie quite a big, consider most 720p are DVD5 size and at that are really really good.

For example of a great rip (I don't have it, I'm exampling it by size) The Dark Night-ESiR, almost 8GB, so you would want the same movie at 3GB? That would totally degrade the movie quality.

I know if/and/when I get my bluray setup, I would rip my collection for the sake of backup, but I will probably do it 720p instaed of 1080p but that depends on the TV I will have setup, because I will stream them via my Xbox 360, that way I have them on demand instead of putting them in disc by disc.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

hd, nzb site...?

I'm mostly using this one for HD movies but it might not be what you want(?).

http://www.nzbs.org/index.php?action=browse&catid=4

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

hd, nzb site...?

I can't wait. The bigger the better in my opinion

But in the future compression techniques will become much better and transparent encodes will be able to be made at much lower bitrates. This will decrease the size drastically.

God knows how many VC's we will go through

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

hd, nzb site...?

Quote Originally Posted by hotshot6473 View Post
    I can't wait. The bigger the better in my opinion

But in the future compression techniques will become much better and transparent encodes will be able to be made at much lower bitrates. This will decrease the size drastically.

God knows how many VC's we will go through
    . . .guess then I'll end up still downloading 2-3gb rips

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

hd, nzb site...?

#a.b.hdtv.x264@EFNet

is the same

They are wanting BD rips, not x264 rips though.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

hd, nzb site...?

Quote Originally Posted by SonsOfLiberty View Post
    There are tons and tons of quality 720p rips here, and I mean tons, why would you want a 2GB 720p? That's degrading the movie quite a big, consider most 720p are DVD5 size and at that are really really good.

For example of a great rip (I don't have it, I'm exampling it by size) The Dark Night-ESiR, almost 8GB, so you would want the same movie at 3GB? That would totally degrade the movie quality.

I know if/and/when I get my bluray setup, I would rip my collection for the sake of backup, but I will probably do it 720p instaed of 1080p but that depends on the TV I will have setup, because I will stream them via my Xbox 360, that way I have them on demand instead of putting them in disc by disc.
    Well they're actually more like +/-3gb, and I like that downloading them doesn't eat up a lot of bandwidth and they don't take up a lot of space

I really don't see why I should download a 720p rip that's 8gb when I can get one that's 1080 and basically the same size. Im only watching them on a 1650*1050 22" inch monitor anyways so I don't think the extra bandwith/hdd space is worth only a slight increase in quality.

Also most of the hd-unit3d encodes are not very "degraded" compared to most DVD5 720p rips. Their encode methods are pretty much astounding, and they use good sources, sometimes even PROPER rips

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the sum of 36 and 12

Thread Information