Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Queer as Folk US

Anyone a fan?

I only saw bits when it was on due to the ridiculous timeslot, but I recently invested in the boxset of the entire series. Best thing I ever did, I can't stop watching!

In the last week I've watched the entire first season, such a brilliant take on the original. I found it better though when they finished with the original stories, what was so great about Russell T Davies' scripts was that they were so entrenched with typical British humour, but a lot of that humour didn't really translate well when spun to the American audience.

I loved seeing the characters expand, the focus is still centered around the core three but the others like Alexander, Phil, Hazel and Romy have really been brought to life. They have become as much a part of the fabric of the show as the leaRAB. Phil's American counterpart for example, Ted, didn't die and went on to have a relationship with the drug addict who put him in a coma. He's still secretly in love with Vince (Michael), but he's actually now got a great relationship with Alexander (Emmett), which I hope progresses into something more. Hazel was always my favourite in the original, and Sharon Gless is just fantastic in her role of Debbie. So eccentric and funny, but really the mother figure for all the boys.

My favourite is the American edition has got to be Brian Kinney (formerly Stuart). Watching Justin (Nathan) get one over on him as he became King of Babylon was sensational, best episode I've seen so far. Just seen the series finale as well, it was lovely when Brian turned up at Justin's prom, I don't think they are a perfect match, but I think Justin has been such a turning point in his life he can't fight it. I've no doubt Justin will survive, but it was a shocking ending. You saw just how much Brian really cared.

I thought I'd always prefer the UK version, but I can't deny I'm loving the US one!

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Queer as Folk US

YES! i love this programme! Am currently watching season 2 online and it is just fab, am thinking of investing in the boxset in the near future. Like you, thought it would aple in comparison to the UK version but I actually find it far more enjoyable and OH MY GOD, How gorgeous is Gale Harold? I love Brian and Justin, think Stuart/Nathan should've ended up together on the UK verision

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Queer as Folk US

I enjoyed it too. I got all the box sets from amazon.com. Good buy by all standarRAB. My favourite was Ted! I have weird tastes in men lol

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Queer as Folk US

I too have just invested in the box set.
    Half way through season two now. Loving the whole thing, absolutely brilliant.
    Amazing chemistry between Brian and Justin. Reckon the whole cast are very talented actors/actresses.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Queer as Folk US

It's one of my all time favourite drama series. I loved the UK one too but think the US one is slightly better. I have all 5 seasons on DVD, have had for a few years now,

The scene where Brian turns up to the prom for Justin and dances with him is one of my favourite tv scenes ever. What happens next is heartbreaking. What follows from that is both heartbreaking and heartwarming.

I just love it, it has everything. I get some of those closest to me coming out with comments like "what do I want to watch gay men for", but I really don't see it like they do. I'm straight but have gay frienRAB and see them the same as anyone else. Anyway, if they could be bothered to watch without prejudice they'd see it had something for them too. I think it has everything.

Anyway, I've gushed enough. I just saw this thread and couldn't resist.

Queer as Folk US

Three months to get even one reply, record? Glad I'm not alone on this, OTHF I echo your enthusiasm

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Queer as Folk US

Not sure about the record

Come on, we need more posters ! Lets all discuss this amazing show.

Anyone agree Gale Harold is just a teeney weeney bit hot !

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Queer as Folk US

I LOVE Queer as Folk. I have all the box sets and have just started re-watching them all with one of my house mates at uni. I remains one of the best programmes of all time imo.

Simonmoore, you're not the only one who has a thing for Ted! I quite liked him too

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Queer as Folk US

Loving all the characters, think Emmet is such a sweetie, want him as my best friend!!

Coming to the end of season 2 now, still got 3 seasons to go but don't want it to come to an end. Be gutted when i've watched them all.

Don't suppose theres ever been a hint of them doing another series?

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Queer as Folk US

Absolutely fantastic series. First watched it on BBC Choice back in 2001(!) they only showed one series - and it wasn't until 2005 I managed to catch up on it again - gorging my way through 4 more series of it!

If your only on season two then you've got so many many twists and turns to come I'm jealous. And new characters too! My favourite episode is the finale to season three - watch the ending and you'll understand why; a real feel good ending!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What color is our footer?

Thread Information