I just ordered a Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS7 camera today, and I've read a lot about how the battery life (rechargeable) is very short. So I thought that since I will need to be recording long videos, I would just buy another battery to have as a backup. Turns out this is not so easy.

First I went to www.panasonic.com and searched for the right battery. None found. They had guidelines that basically just said "don't buy your extra battery from a third party seller because your camera might explode or not work". So I would be glad to buy directly from Panasonic. Oh but guess what? Panasonic doesn't sell that kind of battery! How handy! So now I am forced to Google third-party sellers for the battery that my camera takes (ID-Security Li-ion Battery Pack [3.6V, Minimum: 895mAh] is what the Panasonic website says). Although I am not sure which one will work because some the reviews of the product says "does not work!" etc. and some will say "works great "

So I have no idea what to do. All I want is to buy the same battery that my Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS7 has. That's all. And I want it to work, obviously. Where do I get one?! Thanks.

By the way, the battery is also called a DMW-BCG10.