Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Do you go to the cinema alone?

I was wondering if many people go to the cinema alone?

I really love going to the cinema but sometimes there's a movie I want to see that no one else wants to, so I have to wait for the DVD.

I do want to go alone but I am scared! I know it's really, really childish! I used to work in a cinema for 3 years and always felt sorry for people who went alone.

Does anyone go to the cinema a lot on their own, and if so, if you're nervous like me how do you overcome it?

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

I got to the cineworld in WanRABworth on my own all the time. I got an unlimited card a few years ago when i used to go with a friend but she stopped going, so rather than cancel the membership I had to pluck up the courage to go on my own. Once you've done it the first time, its easy after that. I usually go in the afternoon/early evening, its quiet then. At first I used to sneak in once the trailers were showing because it was dark by then and no one would notice me (or so I hoped) but then i realised how many other people where there alone I stopped caring. I've still not plucked up the courage to go in an evening yet though!!

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

I still get strange looks from some frienRAB or workmates if I tell them I went to see a film on my own.Although I have quite a few frienRAB who are the same as me as have been to a cinema on their own!

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

I think going to the cinema alone is actually better than with people. especially if you can go on a random time when not many people have gone, call in sick and go on w work day for example. you get so much more immersed and taken in by the film. I saw Matrix Revolutions by myself the day it came out at like 1.30pm. There was about 20 people in the entire place and i would not nearly have enjoyed it as much if i was with company and had to talk bla bla bla all the way through "ooh doesn't he look good" " what did he say just then" "and "what did he say when i said what did he say" grrr.

im not a loner, far from it but films have that power to take you completely out of your own life for a couple of hours and other people spoil that! Im also the guy that when watching a DVD at h9ome, if i haven seen it i will tell people off for talking!

P.S im 22 not 88

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

I always go on my own as it's easier to concentrate on the film.

I know this has been discussed before but I don't find it strange at all.

I go to football with my mates but I'm on my own inside the ground.

It's easy for me and has never been a problem......

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

If there's a film my wife doesn't want to watch a film i do i'll go on my own, going to see Body of Lies tonight. Doesn't bother me in the slightest. The first time was a bit strange because i was a bit self conscious but once you've got over that hurdle its fine.
    Just go for it, nobody there will care.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

I have to admit I'm not a fan of going to the cinema alone but only because I like to have company with me to share their enjoyment of the film at the same time. Whilst I don't have conversations with people during movies, it is nice to share a "wow" or a laugh, or a "what the hell" and then talk it out afterwarRAB.

I tried going to a comedy alone and ended up disliking it due to lack of company. Although when I went to see a classic movie alone I totally enjoyed it.

It could just depend on the movie and your own experience

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

You're sitting, in the dark, hopefully not talking to the person you are sat next to while the movie is playing.

What difference does it make whether you are with somebody else or not - other than for the time before and after the showing when you might want to talk to someone?

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Well I went to the cinema alone today had a day off work with nothing to do, so took myself to see Quarantine, and really enjoyed it!

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Go on your own, dont be so self concious. There could be a multitude of reasons why you're there on your own. Believe me, people aren't sitting there looking at you thinking "What a loser, i'm going over there in a minute and i'll laugh in their face and point"

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What comes after M0nday

Thread Information