Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

"What's on Next" trailers during film endings and credits

Okay, so "Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon" isn't a film to be taken very seriously, but I was enjoying it! The suddently the widescreen version I was watching on more4 got squashed to half the width, completely distorted, right during the penultimate scene and then during the credits, some MORON announcer came on to apologise and to say he hoped it hadn't spoilt our enjoyment too much.

Well of course it pigging did. I enjoy the movies on TV, but if this trend continues I'm going to get rid of the TV altogether and save my license fee because there's nowt else worth paying it for except to see the movies.

Whatever next? Playing commercials on a strip at the side of the main screen right the way through the programme??? Oh sorry, shhhhhhh! I mustn't give the twits ideas

And before some "clever" clogs comes on and says "they have to do that to prevent people copying the film, just like radio DJs talk through the end of a record", I don't care! It spoilt the movie, and they've been getting by without doing that for years! End of.;

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

The squash was probably a mistake, although I agree with you. Even Sky Movies has an announcer during the credits, yet they don't squash up the credits like on More4 and other channels. And I think they already squash up the programmes in America to promote other films/programmes. Some of these programme squishes even have sound!

Just irritating, and I hope we don't go down the American route

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

It's probably not so much trying to stop you taping the movie, but because continuity cuts into advertising time and therefore money. The practice seems far more prevailent on Commercial channels than the BBC.

That said I find the practice really annoying as with the one of sticking a great big message on screen (either every so often or under the channel ident for the whole of a programme). I really do not want my enjoyment of something to be marred by being told that so and so programme I have no interest on is going to be shown next, in two days, next week or anytime soon. I have a funny thing called the Radion Times which tells me this, failing that a nice EPR on the TV and chances are if I want to watch it the PVR will record it.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the sum of 36 and 12

Thread Information