Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

The Breakfast Club

I like all of them (despite being a girl), but The Breakfast Club has always stood out by miles - starting with the Bowie quote at the beginning.....to the meat on the statue.....to the dancing through the library...to the earring at the end . I don't know how many times I've seen it - on tv,vhs & dvd over the years (I know it word for word tho) but it still just doesn't seem faded (if that's the right word?).

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

The Breakfast Club

I absolutely adore that film - even now - I'd've thought I'd've grown out of it by now (& the other Brat-packer films), but I haven't! I found myself watching Sixteen Candles the other day & laughing my head off at it even after all these years (especially the bit where the girl gets her hair caught in the door). I wore out Pretty in Pink on video before getting it on dvd & St Elmos Fire is just great (About Last Night was ok - but the others were better).

I doubt many films from now will be standing in over 20 years time with people saying the same about them!

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

The Breakfast Club

This was on late night a few days ago and had to watch it, a lovely film I would never get bored of watching. Anyone else like it? Apparently they are doing a "remake but not a remake" where five 20-somethings get stranded at an airport and end up bonding with each other.

Still, watching it brought back so many memories from the first time I watched it years ago. I'd love to try Allisons sandwich of sugar and cereal... must make it sometime! Brian was so adoreable, you just wanted to walk over and give him a hug. Claire was a bitch, but she was great to watch. Andy was hard as nails, but you knew he was all soft inside. And John Bender... he was just brilliant!

Makes you think what would have happened on Monday, would they have spoken to eachother or would it have went back to the way it was? What do you think happened the following Saturday? Did they all decide to join Bender and spend another Saturday together? I wish they had made a sequel shortly afterwarRAB and showed what happened to them. Or even better still, John Hughes to release his original cut of the film with over an hour of deleted scenes. He's the only person in the world to have an original copy as Universal destroyed the negatives of the deleted scenes after they cut the film down to an hour and a half. How I'd love to see that cut.

Paddy

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

The Breakfast Club

I think I wanted to BE her when I was younger cos she was in everything & was so cool & was engaged to a Beastie Boy! Then I grew up!

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

The Breakfast Club

Not seen it in years but as I remember it is very enjoyable movie but I feel it's one of those movie that did not require a sequel.

Never knew that there was over a hours worth of cuts but if they have not been seen after 23 years I'm guessing they add nothing to the finished product and actually detract from what was seen.Probably how John Hughes sees it anyway.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

The Breakfast Club

Yeah, it's appeal is universal and timeless.

I love 16 Candles and Pretty In Pink too but i think if i were female i'd probably enjoy them even more. Similarly i think a girl will never quite get a movie like Weird Science, which is basically one long male fantasy, quite like us men get it.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

The Breakfast Club

That bit is fab, but Long Duk Dong makes me laugh the most, and how amazing it this Tshirt?

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

The Breakfast Club

You don't have to grow up!

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

The Breakfast Club

A great film! The only one, I've seen, that manages to accurately portray what it's like to be a teenager.

The only other thing that comes close is the tv show 'My So Called Life'.

Both should be compulsory viewing in schools, imo.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

The Breakfast Club

Don't think I have - I still love all those old films from my teens & even some new ones now!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What comes after M0nday

Thread Information