Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

What is more important?

I'll trade you two socks for your right to free speech.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

What is more important?

Sure,

No one cares what I say anyway.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

What is more important?

I am against burning the American flag or other flags, but I am also against this becoming an amendment to the constitution. I saw a bumper sticker, "GOP = God's Only Party." This is an equivalent maneuver by Republicans, as if they are the only patriots. Further evidence of this attitude is Karl Rove's recent speech. Why bring this to a congressional vote? The 2006 elections are around the corner and how people vote on this is going to become a campaign issue.

The position Republicans have taken on this is disgusting. Karl Rove and others like to use the tactic of (figuratively) wrapping themselves in the American flag and declaring themselves to be the only true patriots. I regard that as desecration of the flag. This is especially the case in relationship to Karl, who has never been in a foxhole or armored patrol carrier. Tough talk is cheap. There are no congressional, Bush, Cheney or Rove relatives in Iraq on active duty. The bottom line to this "patiotism" is that Haliburton made $7.1 billion in profits last year and just got the contracts for building a new Guantanomo prison and armed services facilities in the Balkans. Every additional day we are in Iraq, Haliburton and other GOP huge corporations get richer. When they talk about Patriotism, they mean Patrioti$m.

By the way, the only officially legal way prescribed for destroying an old, damaged flag is still burning.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

What is more important?

So were the Founding Fathers.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

What is more important?

How quickly you forget 9/11/01 and Afghanistan..............Your probably not even from the U.S.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

What is more important?

We seem to be following Article I right down the line:

http://web.jjay.cuny.edu/~jobrien/reference/ob60.html

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

What is more important?

Are you picking up Hunter's old habit of speaking for other people?

Most flag burning is done to protest the government's actions. Disapproval does not equal hate. I have frequently disapproved of things my son has done and let him know it - doesn't mean I don't love him, quite the contrary actually. Sorry you think love can only be found with your nose completely inserted up the asses of the powers that be.

And you sir, in no uncertain circumstances, love what that flag represents. Your very stance on this issue alone is proof of that.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

What is more important?

But you said it was more important that what it represents in your vote.

Whether you like it or not, you've said that the flag is more important than freedom, not that the flag is important.

Read the question in the poll. It says "more".

-Wez

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

What is more important?

You ignored my original question (or at least the spirit of it). Say Kerry runs again and is elected and a bunch of far left senators and represenatives were elected who you really disagreed with. Would you move out of the country? I'll bet you wouldn't.

And I do know of a few people who actually did move out of the country when Bush was elected, but they are cowarRAB with no love for their country. Love for your country involves fighting to make it better when it is bad, not running away and abandoning it.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

What is more important?

I bet that does not make any difference to the 58,000 and the 1,700 men and women that have made the ultimate sacrafice in these 2 conflicts.....They are dead either way............

And is is a fact that the senate vote 98-0 to give the president the authority to go into Iraq.....There are a whole bunch of liberal democrats in the group so that is who your fight should be with becasue they are your boys not mine.........

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

How many letters in the word Rabroad

Thread Information