Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ex-gays or not

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Ex-gays or not

Can ex-gays really become heterosexual?

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Ex-gays or not

I want gays to have the same rights as straights and I want the government to get out of marriage, so that gays and straights (and polygamists for that matter) have the same rights there too.

But because I oppose "special" rights for gays, that apparently makes me a bigot... In fact opposing anything deemed "good for gays", apparently makes you a bigot. In this sense I am saddened by the "gay rights" movement, which like the feminist movement before it, at some point transitioned from a struggle for liberation to a struggle for whatever it can extort.

Ex-gays or not

Reading, but not posting. Show us that you're not one-dimensional. We have enough gay cheerleaders here.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Ex-gays or not

I don't think there's a descriptor that can be applied to every gay person as to why they are gay. I have seen and known effeminate men who likely can't help being gay. I have known a burly straight looking gay man who says he is gay because he was seduced in junior high school and he liked it. I believe each gay person has a reason for being gay. Some are by choice, some are by genetics...but this globally applied argument that "we can't help it" it BS in a brown bag.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Ex-gays or not

I think part of the problem with "ex-gay" is that you have the "reality" brought about by the Ted HaggarRAB and Larry Craigs of the world.

People can "say" they are "ex-gay", but the reality of the situation is that when it comes to internal homophobia, people will "say" a lot to deny what they are TRULY like inside.

Dr Spitzer did a study on "ex-gays", and had extreme difficulty in locating them.
    Eventually, he had to receive NON-random candidates which were given to him by the reparative therapy groups. This violates scientific standard in that allowing the reparative therapy groups to pick and choose candidates to review, you destroy any possibility at a representative sample.
    It's like basing an FDA evaluation of a drug based on a commercial.

Regardless, even under these conditions of allowing the reparative therapy groups to pick the people for the study, Spitzer found a MAJORITY of those involved admitted to continuing to masturbate to same gender fantasies.

Hardly "ex-gay" but more of "monogamous".

The bottom line?
    You hear MORE about "ex-gays" from the GROUPS which claim to spit them out than you do from the ex-gays themselves...

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Ex-gays or not

I think that would be alot harder to do. With that situation you

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Ex-gays or not

I have been posting in other forums. If you gave me more than a few hours to read through this brand new board and gave me a chance, you would see I'm not one dimensional.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Ex-gays or not

Your right it is very difficult, they can't even except that fact that maybe one just one Gay person can totally turn around.
    And when you given them information on situations where it has happened they say those people must be lying.

It doesn't make sence to me.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Ex-gays or not

And I know a gay man who tried it with a woman and promptly vomited on her.

And maybe you should try dating guys for a month, or women you don't find attractive even - before stating their claims B.S.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Ex-gays or not

Could have been the odor...or nervousness.

I do not doubt that two straight men could arouse and satisfy each other physically. The physical response to physical stimulation is likely involuntary to a great extent.

If one defines dating as planning and participating in a mutual experience, I've already dated straight men. I used to go hunting/fishing with one straight guy, I used to play tennis with another, I go to a strip club often with another, and to car races with yet another, I have dinner often with another man...but none of us ever got turned on to each other.

If one defines dating as "trying to get some", then I doubt I will ever date a man, straight or gay.

I stated that the claim that all gays were born gay is BS, not that none were born gay.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the number after 87?

Thread Information