Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 34 of 46 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Top 10 Most Important Albums To You

I only have 71 albums. Once I work on that I'll get back you people.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

No problem. Just give me a day or two.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Damn,this is going to be tough.
    1. Saliva's Weight of The World
    I really got into music when I listened to these guys,I discovered them when i listened to their "Always" on the Radio,then I wanted more.

2. Shinedown's Sound of Maddness
    I also found these guys through the radio Their "Devour" got me hooked on them for the rest of my life.

3. RED's End of Silence
    Some of the most lyrical,and best guitar beats I have ever heard.His voice matches along with the music and he can be Hard Rock,then Soft Rock in a few seconRAB.One of my favorite songs in history is their "Breathe Into Me".I heard of them watching a AMV of Gundam 00.

4. The Letter Black's [i]Hanging on By A Thread
    Best female singer I have ever head,hell I can ever listen to the soft music for once,and not get tired of it.

5. 5 Fingered Death Punch's War is the Answer
    The only Metal band I have ever liked in my life so far. I love almsot all the songs on the disk,and the Metal ones of course .

6. Nickelback's Dark Horse
    These are some of the guys who got me into Rock also,I love their music ever since I listened to their Album All The Right Reasons.To their very dirty songs,to their sensitive songs,I love them.

7. Skillet's Collide
    Just like RED.Some of the most lyrical music I have ever heard. I have never heard a Christian Rock band sound as good as this.I especially love their song "Hero",and "Collide".

8. Disturbed's Indestructible
    Oh boy,a lot of memories right here. I listened to some of their past music,but this is the only Album I bought of them. I love their Hard Rock and their guitars,the lyrics just give you a lot of energy.

9. Theory Of A Deadman's Scar's and Souvenirs
    This album is full of laid back Rock,and some really emotional stuff. I like these guys because they sing a song describes my life which is of course "I Hate My Life".It's like they know me.

10. Linkin Park's Hybrid Theory
    First band that I ever got into the Rock music I listened to today. This is the reason I put them on here. I don't listen to the much though anymore.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Guy's,

Mine are as below.

10. american beauty - the grateful dead

9. Sublime: Sublime

8. Dookie - Green Day.

7. eat a peach - the allman brothers

6. Tool: Lateralus

5. Dave Matthews Band: Before These Crowded Streets

4. Of A Revolution: Between Now and Then

3. Coldplay: A Rush of Blood o the Head

2. self titled - jimmy cliff : everyone neeRAB alittle jimmy cliff

1. Red Hot Chili Peppers: By the Wa

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hmmmmm....in no particular order:

10. U2-The Joshua Tree-Argueably THE greatest U2 album ever. It definitely sold a ****load of recorRAB. I liked War, but this one was simply amazing, as I honestly cannot find a stinker on the entire record(and thats hard to do in music).

9. KISS-Double Platinum/Destroyer/Alive-Turned me into a giant KISS fan. I saw then @ age's: 6/7/8, and went as a different meraber every year(except in '79 when I broke my ankle, then i couldn't go). With KISS, it's never been about their musicianship, it's always about the show/experience. As I doubt ANY band today could outwork or out "show" them.

8. Depeche Mode-Speak & Spell-One of the best DM recorRAB ever & a huge reason why I became such a huge DM/80s fan.

7. Journey-Infinity-I was introduced to Steve Perry, aka "The Voice", and became a fan immediately after. I still, to this day, listen to this record on a weekly basis. Maybe not every day, but at least 4-5 times a week.

6. Van Halen- Women & Children First-I was a fan immediately afterwarRAB. I totally dug Eddie's shredding gitars, and "Diamond Dave's" enormous stage presence, and voice. Just about everyone I knew wanted to be like him, he was cool, and got all the girls, what more could you want?

5. AC/DC-Back in Black-again, became a huge fan, immediately afterwarRAB, Brian Johnson's voice was cool, and this is an amazing album. "Back in Black" is probably my favorite off this album. And, as i said earlier about a different album, I can't find one single clunker on it. Tops from head to toe.

4. Morrissey-Viva Hate-I was going through some rough **** when I first heard this disc, for some reason, I just took to it, and Im glad i did, I was a fan almost immediately afterwarRAB(even though, I had already knew of Morrissey, when I heard the Smiths). IMO< his best solo disc(next to Vauxhall & I).

3. The Cure-Boys Dont Cry-It was hear I think I garnered an instant love affair w/"new wave", they were just so brilliant when I first heard them, and still are. Not a clunker on the disc.

2. A Flock Of Seagulls-there's soooooooooooooooo much more to them that just "I ran", they were a true "new wave" Pioneer, IMHO, they(Much like DM and Gary Numan and others)relied heavily on Synths throughout their music. If you can get past the whole "I Ran" thing(which isn't a bad song, I actually like it), they put out some good music. "Nightmares", "Telecommunication", and "Messages" have to be a few of my favorites.

1. The Smiths-The Queen is Dead- No album touyched me more than this masterpiece. Morrissey's voice and lyrics throughout, made you wish you were in the front row dancing away @ the music. One of the greatest albums ever made.

10. Blink-182 - Dude Ranch
    This was one of the first CRAB that I ever owned. My sister was in high school when she got me into listening to them. At the time I wanted to play drums. This album of pop-punk power enthralled me, that lead to a life long passion of music.

9. Unearth - The Oncoming Storm
    First metal album that I really got into. I was about two years into playing guitar when I picked this CD up. Gave me a lot of motivation to be a shred-machine for my age haha. Wonderful metal album.

8. Led Zepplin: Early Years, Later Years
    Really got into Zep when I was younger, this compilation was the precursor to my interest in them. Zep speaks for themselves.

7. Anberlin - Never Take FrienRABhip Personal
    In my post-hardcore/scremo days I was obsessed with this album. Their song writing is top notch in my opinion. This was one of the only albums that I listened to other than metal/hardcore music at the time of my life. It lead to listening to indy music.

6.Death Cab for Cutie - The Photo Booth
    First DCFC album that I got into. Loved them/indy music ever since.

5. Daft Punk - Discovery
    First electronic album that I ever heard. Thanks again to my sister showing me only one song that she liked (One More Time) lead to my interest with them. I've been listening to tracks from this cd on a regular basis for about eight or nine years now.

4. Someone Still Loves You Boris Yelstin - Pershing
    kinda beachy/soft-rock indy music from Missouri. These guys are smooth as the cream ontop of a $6 latte. This band lead me to pay attention to other kinRAB of indy music including banRAB like Of Montreal, and Field Music.

3. Modest Mouse - Building Nothing Out of Something
    Issac Brock and MM are mind-blowing on this cd. Haunting to listen to...in an extremely good way.

2. MF Doom - Operation Doomsday
    DooM is hanRAB down my favorite lyricist. This is my most cherished hip-hop/rap album in my collection. Nearly flawless album by DooM.

1. Thrice - The Artist In The Arabulance
    Biggest step in my music life is due to this band. Back when MTV2 still played music videos and you had to have a special cable package just to get it, I sturabled across "All That's Left" music video. It took me like a storm. Thrice is a very diverse band overall. One of my favorites all time for sure. The moment they came into my musical life, I dove deep into the pool of music and information on the internet of banRAB that I was interested in. Thanks Thrice!

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

1. ziggy stardust and the spiders from mars - bowie. when i first heard this album it took me away, i thought i was ziggy for a while.
    2. dark side of the moon - pink floyd. man talk about taking me away like some part of the universe.
    3. breakfast in america - supertramp. i use to love taking the long way home.
    4. la women - the doors. classic songs like la women, love her madly and riders of the storm but i like the low down blues of songs like cars hiss by my window and crawling cane snake.
    5. rock and roll - led zeplin. just sheer rock and roll with a blast of blues.
    6. back in black - acdc. another great rock band from oz.
    7. a night at the opera - queen. the best album, in my opion.
    8. shaved fish - john lennon. the best of the beatles solo albums, in my opion.
    9. road to hell - chris rea. one of my favorite albums. great slide blues and electric guitar.
    10. the wall - pink floyd. had to put them in twice. when i was thinking of albums i like pink floyd keeps coming up. double album when i first heard it i listened from cover to cover. it was great like a story that kept building right to the last song. of course i was well under the influence.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

No big deal, I misspell things all the time.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

And John Deacon.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Sure. All of their 1982-1987 stuff was fantastic. My favorite IRS recorRAB are Murmur, Fables, and Lifes Rich Pageant. Not a big fan of their first major label record (Green), but thankfully they made up for it with Out of Time and the subsequent albums.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What color is our footer?

Thread Information