I asked a question pertaining to evolution and Creationism a few days ago. I got a variety of responses, many of which were intriguing. Here is the question:

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;_ylt=AkFk7GA_h_3jbMTZ23jfWYHsy6IX;_ylv=3?qid =20100311104138AAoyPqw

One salient response was the one written by tylertxanreborn. Did you see his response? It's just amusing to me that people critique someone's grammar, yet they themselves are guilty of numerous solecisms. If you read his answer, you could spot a few grammatical errors by simply glancing at his response. Yet he attempted to discredit me by calling into question my grammar. Actually, I stand my my original wording. Anyone with expertise in grammar can challenge my assertions. In my sentence, I wrote "...us Creationists." Tylertxanreborn challenged my choice of words, and claimed that it should have been "we Creationists" instead. He was incorrect. "Us Creationists" was in the objective case, and was the object of the preposition "of."'We" is actually the nominative form, and could not have been used following a preposition.

Some people are evidently quite desperate to portray Christians in a bad light. If we are seen as being uneducated morons, our credibility is annihilated. No one wants to follow someone's advice if that individual is intellectually inferior. So by putting us down, some non-Theists try desperately to make Christians look stupid. The motive behind those denigrations is to destroy the credibility of Christians.

I find it quite interesting that someone from Texas (I presume that the dude who was trying to "correct" me is from Texas, based on his name) questions my level of education, when his home state just last week made some interesting changes to all the textbooks used in the state of Texas. The board of education has had many different things removed from the texts used in Texas. For instance, the new texts are to make numerous references to "Nature's God." The texts have removed all references to Einstein, Thomas Jefferson, Voltaire, and Jean-Jacques Rousseau, among many others. Jefferson was one of the proponents of the separation of church and state, which may explain why he has been banished from texts. So the conservatives in Texas are winning, and they are changing the way that students are to be taught, and the things that they are to be taught. Someone from Texas, in my humble opinion, scarcely has any right to lecture me about scholastic matters (no offense to any open minded Texans out there).

This tactic isn't new to me. No, I am not surprised in the least that this tactic was employed by someone attempting to disparage Christians. If an adversary or anyone who disagrees with your opinion cannot properly address your question, they resort to scrutinizing your syntax or your grammar. It's a cheap way to ambush a well thought out argument.

So why do some people who hold antagonism towards Christians or Christendom often belittle Christians in this fashion?