Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

A few bands to sample

I've been browsing a bit tonight, had a few listens to a few banRAB and found some great outfits. Theres a bit of a range, from a relatively mellow psychedelic Radiohead through to awesome party starter southern rock through to minimalist drone and arabience that is bloody hard work to sit through!

Just right click the links and hit 'save target as'. The quality is only 56k as they're just samples which is a shame, but still beats not hearing these banRAB at all.

Mr Plow - Dead Eye Dick - This is a cool Dozer, Clutch, Sabbath like song, a slowish tempo, and all I need now is a beer. This is a fairly easy listening song, and a great one to start with.
    Asteroid - The Great Unknown - Love this one, it's got a good QOTSA/Truckfighters sound, with some awesome vocals resonating throughout.
    Federale - Hong Kong Trail - some of that feel good, wouldn't go a miss at a party, rock. Turn it up and get-me-a-beer stuff.
    Giant Brain - Ausgesetzt - Definetly one for the Kraut fans, ie Kraftwerk and the likes. Great extending jams.
    Dead Meadow - At Her Open Door - Indeed to me has a lazy Radiohead vibe to it. Mellow compared to the others.
    Leaf Hound - Freelance Fiend - Easy to see these guys liked their Hendrix and Zep on the way to becoming a band. Don't let that put you off though if you're one of these 'Ew, Zeppelin' people.
    Marble Sheep - The Drop - It's a pity the quality is such arse on this track because these guys can fucking play, awesome see-you-later we're going on a ballsy Hawkwind journey stuff. Awesome, awesome, awesome.
    Suma - It's Broken - Heavy stuff, again shite quality foils it's impact on me, but this is coming down from the likes of Spiritual Beggars, that heavy southern sound.
    Whitehorse - Fire To Light The Way - This is where things get a tad heavier. The bleak, thick and doomed outlook of post rock/drone whatever, corabine to make this feel like the end of the universe.
    Black Mayonnaise - Ttssattsr - As if Whitehorse didn't do the job, this one man band certainly left me feeling just a bit cold and ugly. Spacey groans over a thick distortion and some slow-mo minimal snare drumming.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

A few bands to sample

It's too early for me to try out anything new but I'll check some of these out later. I'm mainly posting this to give you props, so props son.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

A few bands to sample

I have a DEAD MEADOW album-Feathers which is a great album. Some of it has stoner overtones. The rest I have'nt heard so cheers for the list.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

A few bands to sample

great album

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

A few bands to sample

I'm really digging that Giant Brain track wouldn't mind hearing more of them.

If only because I want to own an album by a band called Giant Brain

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

A few bands to sample

ASTEROID-Musically it reminded me of Deep Purple in the mid section. Not to keen on the vocals. Opposite to what you thought!

FEDERALE- Atrocious sound quality but I really liked it. I would love to hear this uncompressed. Gotta love that cowbell!

GIANT BRAIN-I'm with urban on this one. Good Stuff! Reminded me of Hawkwind a little.

LEAF HOUND-Did nothin at all for me. Fairly standard stuff.

MARBLE SHEEP- Again the quality sullies what sounRAB like a great track.

SUMA-Now this track is red hot. Love it. A slight boogie sound going on.

WHITEHORSE-Not my cup of tea at all.

BLACK MAYONNAISE-A little better than WHITEHORSE, but still not my sort of thing.

The first track is a dead link and I have DEAD MEADOW. There was a couple of banRAB there that I will look out for definitely.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

A few bands to sample

Suma's album Let the Churches Burn was one of my favourite albums of last year (still didn't make the top 10 though ); not particularly ground-breaking, but the songwriting's good enough to keep the tracks heavy but interesting.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

A few bands to sample

Jackhammer, may I please have a pm from you regarding Dead Meadow!

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

A few bands to sample

Pm has landed!

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

A few bands to sample

I am surprised I haven't heard of any of those banRAB.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

In what corner do we have Search box?

Thread Information