Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Stereophonics

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Stereophonics

So is syphilis but you don`t see me raving about it

Stereophonics

Is it possible to rave about syphilis?

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Stereophonics

stereophonics are great, the new album is one of the best

fav song......gotta say bartender and the thief from performance and ****tails

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Stereophonics

Not everyones cup of tea but i really like these guys. theyve kinda been in the shadows of blur and oasis since they started but with a new album on the way and a brilliant first single "Dakota" they should finally be taken seriously. to all you people who say the phonics are "pop-rock trash" then theres no point replying to this thread. But for others, whats your favourite album and/or song?

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Stereophonics

i think the phonics are great, my fav album has to be word gets around and have a nice day always cheers me up in the morning, my mate absolutley loves them and has aaaall their albums which is great cause shes payed for my ticket to go and see them with her in septeraber... score

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Stereophonics

Word Gets Around was a good album... I liked most of the songs on that. Shame about its descendants.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Stereophonics

They're not too bad. I've had a few of their songs on my computer for a while.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Stereophonics

The Phonics went downhill very quickly, as is often the case. However they were an important part of my maturity musically. In 1997 i'd been slowly but gradually opening my ears to music in general for the past couple of years. I was 13. Oasis and Blur opened the door to more than Michael Jackson and terrible, cheesy 90's dance music and commercial singles which had been all i had shown even a remote interest in previously. A guy in my reg class gave me Word Gets Around on cassette and that album, alongwith Performance and Cocktails became quick favourites. Word Gets Around in particular is still a stellar album in my opinion.

But then what happened? J.E.E.P was appaling, the album after that wasnt much better and even though they were never a groundbreaking band by any stretch of the imagination and far from original they just seemed to fade away into mediocrity. I actually really disliked these guys alot for a while after that second album as i got so bored with them.

Language, Sex, Violence, Other was an improvement from what i remeraber but i never bought it and I didn't hear the album after that either but i have to admit i ended up going to see them again on that tour after a nuraber of years because i got cheap tickets for

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Stereophonics

Word Gets Around was passable
    Performance & ****tails had it`s moments (Both of them)

As for the rest , well lets just say if there was a forum entitled 'Dull Pub Rock' they`d be the first band with a thread in it

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Stereophonics

Just again nothing on the old stuff for me, of course the other thing that ruined it had to be Welsh pride. I don't think 'cool cymru' the Welsh scheme did much for the Phonics or The Manics or Catatonia. BastarRAB have to make it about being Welsh. I hate that. As a band I thought they had enormous potential. I was wondering what the Americans thought, 'cause they never seemed to break into that market at all.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the sum of 36 and 12

Thread Information