I don't want to use auto Re-boost because I don't have a credit or debit card. I've been with Boost for almost a year and I never had any problems adding money to my account (I have the $50 Unlimited w/ Shrinkage plan) with the Reboost cards. It was always simple. Buy the black & orange $50 reboost card, scratch the back the card with a coin so I can see the number, and call 233 (ADD). But I had a difficult time yesterday adding money to my account. I went through three cards (2 of them i returned to walmart and got my money back) the third, i got from quick check (the best part was i only paid $50 there, anywhere else i had to pary $53 and some change because of tax) The first card gave me a headache because when I called to add the money, the machine said that the "number has already been used". After returning the card, I tried one more time and bought another one. That time it said "We're sorry, but the action you've requested is not available at this time." I returned that card also.
The next day (my payment date), I bought another card and my boyfriend recommended that I try adding the money online instead of on my phone because he had the same problem. When we tried that, it said that there was an error. Finally, I decided to call customer service and when the machine said it was transferring my call, it rung once then hung up. I was frustrated so my boyfriend called for me and he finally got to talk to an actual person. She said that whoever rung it up did it wrong and it invalidated the cards. So, I wanted to know if I can go to a Sprint or Boost Mobile Store and add money directly to my account.