Anything is possible. Ergo, it is possible that I and my fellow believers- the billions of us- have been brainwashed. Do you think that in terms of probability, that it is likely that all of us have been brainwashed? Think outside the box for a moment about this.

How does someone perform a litmus test to determine if he or she has been brainwashed? Isn't this term highly subjective? There are some people who typically believe the things that they are told, and accept them at face value. I do not. I am a skeptic. I think critically about things before drawing what may be premature conclusions. I do realize and acknowledge that organized religion can be hazardous, because it can indoctrinate people sometimes. However, if someone questions everything, how can it be that he or she is brainwashed? There are many Christians who call their own beliefs and the teachings of the church into serious question. I am but one.

Do non-Christians assimilate this belief (that all religious people have been brainwashed) because they are afraid of being wrong? Is it because they desperately want to believe that people of faith must be brainwashed to believe in a deity of some sort? Of course, there are cults out there who brainwash people. In fact, those sorts of groups often turn people away from the church, and that is quite unfortunate.

Do you honestly believe that all Christians, Jews, Muslims, Sikhs, Hindus, etc have all been brainwashed? What makes you think so?