Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Kara no Kyoukai - The Garden of Sinners

From ANN

Genres: romance, supernatural

Plot Summary: A string of suicides is the topic of much speculation of the local media but police are left baffled. However, after Shiki Ryogi's friend Mikiya falls into a coma around the same time, she takes a personal interest in the case. Something more supernatural is to blame, however, the cold and distant Shiki isn't exactly normal herself.

Episodes: 7 (released as separate 50 minute movies)

This show has been out for a while now and it has three subbed releases:
    Part 1: Fukan Fuukei (The view from above)
    Part 2: Satsujin Kousatsu (Part 1) (Murder Speculation (Part 1))
    Part 3: Tsuukaku Zanryuu (Remaining Sense of Pain)

There is one more release that hasn't been subbed yet and 3 releases due for 2009:

Part 4: Garan no Dou (Void Shrine)
    Part 5: Mujun Rasen (Paradox Spiral)
    Part 6: Boukyaku Rokuon (Oblivion Recording)
    Part 7: Satsujin Kousatsu (Part 2) (Murder Speculation (Part 2))

Strange part of this anime is that it, like The melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, is not watched chronologically. The first part is good, but will leave you hanging halfway with many questions unanswered. Part 2 is chronologically the first episode and Part 7 the second. This anime is really good although maybe not for the faint of heart. It can get rather violent, but everything is animated and drawn very well. Original creator is Type-Moon, for those interested in their work.

If you're into no nonsense mystery/horror anime, this is definitely for you! Greatly recommended.

(ps. I know there is a topic about this anime already, but that one sucks and should be deleted)

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Ya I've watched the current 3 and loved them. Shiki is awsome and the art and animation is top notch.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

I'm especially attracted to the cinematography which is really well done. It creates the mood and accentuates the settings.

I'm wondering what Mikiya's role is in all this. He does seem to be "special", but what that is is still pretty mysterious. What can be deduced is that he somehow helped Shiki to come to terms with her "normal" self.

I'm glad the series is not smothered in clich

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Huh, well I'm going to leave this one open since it has all the informations about this anime. But I'm going to quote myself from the other thread.

Also, Radical Ed mentioned something about downloading this movie could result in the termination of your internet service? Weird.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

If ever a boxset comes available this might be one to purchase. I hardly think Aniplex can do anything to people in my country. Local law does not disallow downloading. This includes copyrighted material. Also without proof they can't get anywhere and there's no way for them to be sure any single person got all bits and bytes to complete the download.

About the movies I don't understand how I missed this anime. I was actually looking on myanimelist for the composer of the music and found this anime by accident. Since it had a high score I decided to give it a go.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

I'll just say I havent ran into any difficulties watching it and I live in the states.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Part 4 (Garan no Dou, translated as "The Hollow") is out now. Awesome episode that gives a good bit of detail on Shiki's background and the developments before the start of the show. As I said the series is not chronological. In this episode we follow the events 2 years after the accident when Shiki is in the hospital. It answers some important questions that were raised in the previous episodes that were staged after this part chronologically, such as Shiki's emptyness, Shiki's "employer" and her powers.

Of course the animation is top notch as well in this episode. The action is lacking of course, but that's understandable.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Aeons is this one of those "talking" episode again? I'm kind of getting annoyed at how they don't present the whole story in chronological order.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

I'll check it because you usually watch good stuff and it can't be worse than all the other sh1t I've watched recommended on the first page.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Yeah it's a little confusing, but it worked for Haruhi, so I guess it might work for this show as well. It's not really bothering me. You have to take notice of the year that is presented at the start of the show so you know what you're looking at.

It does have some action, but most of it is talking yes. Still it answers a lot of questions so it's a very useful episode.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the number after 87?

Thread Information