Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    If it really bothers you ask him.

St. Lurid
    Yeah well Jesus drives a flying Lamborghini.

Will
    Exactly what the church was designed for, to answer your question, its not weird at all.

angel
    No, not weird. That is how it is, even if it is completely wrong. I had a pastor one time that lived in a huge home in the rich part of town... we had a small congregation too. He actually took me aside and told me I had to pay more thiths because he could not afford his electric bill that month (TRUE story). He drove a BMW. I stopped going there and several years later the church fell apart. I assume it was because more members saw what I saw. This man (as most preachers in that religion) acted as if he were god himself and if I didn't take care of him and his life style he could curse me and ruin my life. Seemed all churches of this religion that I have been to were the same way - rich preacher, poor congregation!

hallel
    Yes. He should practice what he preaches. It seems very wierd unless he actually earned money by working for it.

geessewereabove
    He is disobeying the Bible. The Bible says we should do our best keep little for ourselves and to help others.

Pantheist
    this question didn't surprise me a bit .

scotty_84116
    LDS give of their time freely. It is run by lay members and their is no paid ministry including missionaries, Bishops (pastor, you could be called) teachers, Tab Choir and orchestra, etc.etc. Men hold the Priesthood and have authority to baptize, lay on hands for the gift of the Holy Ghost, bless the sick etc. etc. Tithing is 10% and fast offering is at least the price of two meals. No longer needed items are turned over to the Deseret Industries for humanitarian purposes. The Church sends millions of dollars worth of items world wide.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What comes after M0nday

Thread Information