Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Digimon Adventure 02 on CR #8: "Loneliness of Digimon Kaiser"

Episode 7: "Loneliness of the Digimon Kaiser"

Previous Episodes:
    Episode 1
    Episode 2
    Episode 3
    Episode 4
    Episode 5
    Episode 6
    Episode 7

Last time: The gang was faced with battling an old friend, the Perfect level Andromon!

This time: "[http://www.crunchyroll.com/media-475146/Digimon-Adventure-02-Episode-8.html]Episode 8: Loneliness of Digimon Kaiser[/url]"

Human Characters:

Daisuke Motomiya - A soccer player that looks up to Taichi, Daisuke has recently become the ninth Chosen Child. He has a huge crush on Hikari, and hates Takeru.

Miyako Inoue - An independent, and somewhat nerdy, girl. She recently became the tenth Chosen Child.

Iori Hida - A young boy who practices Kendo. He recently became the eleventh Chosen Child.

Takeru Takaishi - One of the original eight Chosen Children. His big brother is Yamato and his best friend is Hikari.
    Hikari Yagami - While she may not have a Shinigami, she is one of the original eight Chosen Children. Her big brother is Taichi and her best friend is Takeru.

Her pure heart might just be the one thing that can stop Andromon from killing everyone.

Koushiro Izumi - One of the original eight Chosen Children, Koushiro is a huge computer nerd who is still extremely fascinated by the Digital World. He now monitors the current batch of Chosen Children during their constant struggle against...

Digimon Kaizer - The mysterious villain of this arc. The Chosen Children's sudden appearance has put a dent in his plans, a dent he intenRAB to buff out.

Digimon Characters -

V-Mon - My counterpart here recently hatched from the Egg of Courage, and can Armor Evolve into Flamedramon.

Hawkmon - Miyako's partner Digimon that recently hatched from the Digiegg of Love, and can Armor Evolve into Halsemon.

Armadimon - Iori's partner Digimon that recently hatched from the Digi-Egg of Knowledge, and can Armor Evolve into Digmon.

Patamon - Takeru's Digimon. Patamon, like Takeru, was originally afraid of fighing, but has since gained hope in winning battles. He can evolve into Angemon and can now Armor Evolve into Pegasusmon.

Tailmon - Hikari's Digimon. She used to work for Vamdemon, but eventually helped to silence him with the light. She can Armor Evolve into Nefertimon and she has also lost her tail ring.

Wormmon - The mysterious partner Digimon to the even more mysterious Digimon Kaiser. He seems to be trying to convince his human partner to stop what he's doing, but it's not working...

Discuss!

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Now, this episode began to build up the Daisuke-Ken rivalry which doesn't get quite as good a conclusion as it could have...alas...

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Um...why does this sound like your wishing for something that would only occur in a yaoi fanfic?

O-chan

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

You're reading far too much into it. I don't quite remeraber their rivalry having too big of an explosive ending to it. Then again, we look at how Ken completely lost control of...I guess it did have a pretty good ending, actually...

Alas...

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

I thought that this was a pretty cool episode. It just felt weird how they made it seem like Ken being revealed as the Digimon Kaiser was some huge plot twist when they said it in the first episode. Wormmon has been calling him Ken every time he comes up on screen practically. At least the dub did try to make the whole reveal of his identity more dramatic by not having Wormmon call Ken by his name. I also thought that the music played at the soccer game was pretty good, but "You Run Around, I Run Around" does still have a nice and catchy tune to it. The Armor Evolution music was awesome as well. My favorite part was when Davis was struggling to save his frienRAB and then he attacked Ken on the hill. That was pretty intense. I kind of felt bad for him when he saw that Ken was the Digimon Kaiser since he did give him a lot of respect. I'll be looking foreword to seeing the next episode.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

What struck me most about this episode was Ken's reaction to the Chosen Children's presence at the soccer game. It was as if he didn't expect them to be there.

Ken: Okay, I'll just win this stupid game quickly and get back to conqueri-*Hears Miyako squeals and sees the Chosen* WTF! They're here?! Why?! And their leader is...a player for the opossing team. Smiiiiiirk...

I also like this episode because it shows that Daisuke cares about his frienRAB despite the squabbles and is willing to die for them - thus contradicting some fans' negative perception of him.

Interesting tidbit: When Miyako's being a ham about not holding Daisuke's hand, there's something interesting in the Children Leaving School stock footage. If you look closely, you see MIYAKO and IORI leaving school! While the pair in question are still in the computer lab and one of them's being overdramatic. Um, okay...

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Between being sick and the craziness of the snow storms, I forgot to make this. Sorry.

Also, you didn't fix a few things at the beginning of your post.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Think I got it.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Ooh they totally had me. I was wondering how Daisuke was going to get them out of that trap.

But, man, they were really hammering in the whole "HE'S KEN! GET IT!?" thing, huh? I mean, it's almost like that subplot was intended for children missing a chunk of their brains. Have him order around the Bakemon like his soccer team - you know, just in case we haven't figured it out yet.

Also, SkullGreymon in next episode? Sweet. I've always thought he's cooler than MetalGreymon.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Episode 9 is up.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What color is our footer?

Thread Information