Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    neddyflanders

Aloe Vera for LPR

I've been taking Aloe Vera before bedtime and when I wake up and I like the results. No, Aloe Vera doesn't cure reflux or even reduce it in my opinion but it does make my throat feel better. I was losing my voice before but after a week of morning and night aloe vera it's back and it doesn't hurt or feel rough at all. In fact my throat feels fine.

neddyflanders

Aloe Vera for LPR

I drink it. I drink a small glass before going to bed and one when waking up before I eat anything. I use to mix it with some water but now I don't mix it with anything, you get use to the taste.

dmize23235

Aloe Vera for LPR

pill form??? how much...? lpr here and reflux...very interested.....

neddyflanders

Aloe Vera for LPR

I buy the juice, it says whole leaf on it. I don't see how the pill would help the throat but the juice really does seem to heal the burning. Now if I could only stop the acid from coming up.

CharBerry

Aloe Vera for LPR

I used to drink it too and taste didn't bother me but then again I can't taste much or smell anything! It may have soothed my throat some but I've found a juice that has done wonders on my throat and voice problems. Hasn't cured me by any means but I rarely ever lose my voice anymore and my throat doesn't burn.

CharBerry

flowergirl2day

Aloe Vera for LPR

Thanks, guys. I'll ask about both at the health food store. I'll bet the juice is more expensive, if they sell it here.

FG

Kassie29

Aloe Vera for LPR

I'm going to see my ENT again next month. He's the one who said I had acid issues, and so I went to a GI and had all the tests (endoscopy with 2 biopsies, 24 pH test, manomtery, ultrasound of throat and abdomen) and he said he sees no evidence of GERD and that I could stop taking my PPI. I did that but my throat seems worse without the PPI. My main issue is a chronic sore throat, and also have some high back pain. I just want to find out what this is and how I can feel normal again. I think I'll go back to the health food store in the meantime.
    Kassie

Kassie29

Aloe Vera for LPR

CharBerry, Is the juice you use an aloe vera type juice? I've tried an aloe vera juice that is supposedly made to help the stomach. I think it even says "stomach formula" on the bottle. I find it somewhat helpful, for the short term anyway. Just wondering what you have found helpful.
    Kassie

dmize23235

Aloe Vera for LPR

thanks i will try it...

flowergirl2day

Aloe Vera for LPR

What do you do with the aloe vera juice? Do you use it as a throat rinse, or do you drink it? If you drink it, is it mixed with anything? How much of it do you use at a time?

thanks,

FG.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the sum of 36 and 12

Thread Information