Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    MountainReader

what is going on with this pain?

Em,
    Good luck with your test tomorrow. Just remeraber, that even if it comes back not showing anything, there are still other things that can be looked at. It should show if you have a hernia, but with regarRAB to the reflux, it just means that you have damage or not. I had severe reflux and have had two EGD's come back good. Only my second EGD confirmed the hernia. I know you are really looking for answers though. Don't give up.

Recently, I was really worried about going in to see my Pulmonologist. I've had horrible asthma triggered by both reflux and environmental things. It takes a long time to get appointments with my doctor. I have yet to be having asthma problems during a visit. My latest lung function tests (again done when I wasn't having problems) showed that I above normal lung functioning. The doc who did the testing said he questioned whether or not I had asthma. It has been a horrible year for my breathing though and I was worried that the doc wouldn't believe that I really had asthma. You know what though? The doc spent about 1/2 hour actually talking to me, asking questions, listening to my responses and trusting me. I felt extremely good coming out of that appointment.

My lesson learned... I need to find a doc that will listen to me and take my concerns seriously. If they don't it is up to me to find someone who will.

Take care,
    MountainReader

Chantal231

Hi bride and em,

Bride, did you have the barium swallow?

How about you, Em, are you having the barium swallow or the endoscopy?

I had the barium swallow years ago. All you do is keep drinking this chalky white stuff while the radiologists take pictures of it going down your esophagus into your stomach and some even watch it through the small intestine. It's really not bad at all.

Chantal

Finest1104

I've had several endoscopies and colonoscopies for pain similar to yours.
    I do have the H hernia, errotion in the esophogus, acid reflux, irritation to the stomach lining and IBS w/constipation. I take prevacid tablets that disolve in tongue and Zegerid. When I get pain, right under ribs that radiate towarRAB back (mostly on left side) I take raw rice in a pillow case and heat it up in microwave (stays hot longer than average heat pack) and put on area to alleviate pain a bit. My sister in law just passed away this year a month after being diagnosed with stomach cancer; she medicated her symptoms with over the counter meRAB....so it's very important to see doctors and get all tests done. Good luck.

bride527

I posted a couple of weeks ago saying that i had a pain under my breastbone. I had an echo stress test and everything came back normal.....the other day i had an ultrasound of my gall bladder. They even checked my liver, pancreas, spleen etc and said all is completetly normal.
    I am having an Upper GI on Friday. The pain is till there? any suggestions....it spreaRAB to my left and ride side right under the breastbone? what will the GI show?? I know they will look at my stomach? any comments will be appreciated. thanks to all bride527

Em55

Hey MR, Thanks for the summary of the testing. I am also curious as to what my doctor is going to make me do after the Barium swallow.

MountainReader

Em,
    The Barium should pass through your system fairly quickly. You will notice lighter color BM's when it happens. I had some stomach problems, but they weren't bad and it passed fairly quickly.

TEdds83

WOW! Sorry about your sister in law. I am so glad I did my endoscopy on the 9th. You are right. It's best to get things checked out!

Does anyone have any strange side effects with the acid reflux meRAB. I swear I am not imagining things. But seems like when I take an acid reflux med weird things happen to me. This new symptom I have is that my ears feel full and kind of ring and it feels like there is pressure in my head and I am kind of light headed. So you may be thinking well...that sounRAB like alot of other things, and it very well could be, like allergies and anxiety. I am sitting here worrying that it is something serious. It is just a weird coincidence that it has happened on the two days that I took the Pepcid.

Any thoughts?

NancyH

I'm glad you like the wedge, some people do real well with it others don't. I tried it for 4 months I couldn't sleep at all, too uncomfortable for me, gave me headaches so I don't use it anymore. I have a sleep problem anyway and what I use now is a super large pillow almost the size of the wedge only softer that is propped on my other two pillows and I can sleep with that and it gives me a 5 or 6 inch elevation and most of the time it's fine. Been doing it for over a year now and it works for me anyway, not that any of it is 100% perfect but if we can get the night time reflux down to only once in awhile instead of nightly it's an improvement to me.

bride527

As I mentioned in an earlier post, I am going to wait and see what happens with my pain now...My question to all of you is what does the endoscope show that the GI series doesn't?..With the GI being perfectly normal and the ultrasounRAB the same thing what else can be going on? Don't want to do the endoscope if i don't have to, i think that is why she had me to the GI first..She said if the pain persists or gets worse to call her about the scope test....any comments bride527

TEdds83

Em and all, the doctor says nothing to me. Just that he saw nothing wrong in there and to take Prevacid AC. I think that is the name of the new one I tried today. I feel ok. Just thought I got a little bloated and constipated by evening. I think I am gonna try the ACV thing in water. Sometimes it seems doctors really don't follow up with us.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the number after 87?

Thread Information