Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
    sarebear09

Post-Accutane Breakouts! :(

Ok, I'm a 15 year old female and I've been off of Accutane for almost a year now. It worked WONDERFULLY for me at first. My skin was perfectly clear for the summer after I finished the round-- but since then it has gradually gotten worse, starting with very minor breakouts. It has been steadily declining for the past few months and now it's nearly as bad as it was before Accutane.

I am going to the Dermatologist tomorrow and I know he'll tell me I need to have another round. After doing it once, I have no problems dealing with the side effects. However, the problem is that we don't have the money for it right now, especially since my younger sister is on acne medications as well.

Are there any ways to get Accutane on a very tight budget??

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

How much is the accutane for lets say, a 4 month course?

Just wondering, I'm living in the UK, so I got mines free.

sarebear09

Well.... I'm not sure exactly. But it's verrrry expensive. I think it's several hundred dollars a month. At least.

You got it free? I need to move to the U.K.

xphile

first of all, people with nothing helpful to say shouldnt post replies to someone's question regarding financial curiosity.
    second, you are most likely breaking out again because you took accutane at such a young age and you still have a lot of time left with hormones, puberty, oily skin etc. Say you took it when you were 19 or 20 your skin would have far less oil production and wouldnt regenerate as fast or at all after a course of accutane.

Accutane2X

Hi, as you can see by my screen name, I took Accutane twice. But mine was 10 years apart. The first time was when I was 18-19 and again when I was 29. I broke out terribly about three months after getting married. I'm 32 now and acne free. I'm sorry that the price is an issue. Did you know there are generics of Accutane? When I was a teen I took Accutane, but more recently I took Amnesteem...I think that's how it's spelled. Anyway, i have a prescription plan and when I got my meRAB filled they gave me the Amnesteem. I questioned it and said I took Accutane before and I want that again.......I know that works for me. Well when the told me the price of it (even with insurance, it was over $300 a month) I decided I would try the generic. It worked the same. And easier on my pocketbook. Hope this helps!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the sum of 36 and 12

Thread Information