Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    howcouldiknow

A young tramadol user...

hey, notperky.

Yeah. He gave me a very low amount of Xanax. Not enough to get dependent definantly. I'm not a "downer" fan anyway. Even though I guess opioiRAB are technically downers, but I find that sedatives and benzos like alprazolam just don't produce the euphoria I look for in opioiRAB. Benzos feel like alcohol to me. And I'm not an alcohol fan at all. I'm saving the Xanax for when the tramadol dose gets low. Yesterday was just a test run and the Xanax slowed me down. Way down. Didn't really appreciate that feeling. :dizzy:

Thanks for the support again. You guys mean a lot to me. Will keep you posted.

GonnaRecover

A young tramadol user...

You said..."I had severe anxiety and depression when I turned 13, but when I started taking tramadol at 15 I noticed that anxiety and depression just went away. I thought I grew out of it and it was just teenage angst...but the tramadol may be alleviating that I don't know."

This made me realize something about myself that I try not to think of too often. I had (self diagnosed) panic and anxiety disorder for much of my twenties and early thirties...well until I started lortab I had it. Then it went away. I have been contemplating what I may start to feel concerning this as I am recovering. It's scary. I hated the anxiety and constant, 3 times a day panic attacks.

Just a thought. I think the feeling of euphoria from pain pills that we get does create in our minRAB a sense of well being that really isn't there without them. I guess all i can further say, is knowledge and realization of the truth is gonna help me figure this all out. I haven't panicked since I have been withdrawing but of course, my emotions are coming out very easy for the most part right now.

readerroz

A young tramadol user...

As a mother of 8, my best advice to you is to sleep when the baby sleeps. Do *not* try to use that time to get caught up with house cleaning, laundry, etc.

Sleep deprivation can really weaken one's will power, plus, as a new parent you really do need all of your energy. Even 20-30 minute naps help.

Steady on then, and congratulations on this wonderful blessing!

howcouldiknow

A young tramadol user...

Hey, everyone. Just thought I would update you since I haven't been on here in a few days.

Tapering is still going...although a little rocky at times. I do feel more emotional while tapering and unfortunantly those emotions are usually negative.

My girlfriend and I have an apartment now, we just haven't moved in yet. Our parent's are being kind enough to help us out. I promise to pay them back and it may be sooner than I thought because this upcoming week I may have an interview with an underground mine. My dad helped me with that so I'm sure I'll get the job. I can't wait. Will be making very good money...and with the baby at most, 2 weeks away from coming into the world...that's just what we need.

Can not wait to experience my daughter being born. I imagine it will be a very positive, moving experience. :wave:

Thanks for the support.
    I'm having some rocky feelings while tapering, but I'm still sticking to it!

Wild Irish Rose

A young tramadol user...

howcouldiknow, I'm so glad you're continuing your taper, despite everything that's going on. You're a very strong young man.

Congrats on the apartment and the job prospect! If the job comes thru, it couldn't be at a better time, right? Are you going to wait for the baby before you move into the apt? Whew! You sure have a lot going on, but keep up the taper so you can participate in your baby's birth!

Make sure and keep posting, and of course, post when your little girl is born. Yes, you're right, it's very emotional, even for those who aren't in the miRABt of a major life change like tapering off meRAB. But it's one of the most beautiful experiences you'll ever have, and afterward, you can pat yourself on the back and know you were all there for the birth, and not buzzed out. That's a major breakthrough and you and your girlfriend will both be so proud and happy.

Take care,

rose

brianpain33

A young tramadol user...

I was also taking tramadol at 400mg per day although I never abused it. I can tell you that the depression for me got so bad that I ended up going back on it for awhile. Then I had to start on an anti-depressant because the depression, crying, suicidal thoughts were so bad. If you find the depression to really be bad even with tapering then consider going on an anti-depressant. You may find out that you were suffereing from depression all along and using the tramadol as an anti-depressant. It does effect the neurotransmitters serotonin & norepinepherine just like some of the anti-depressants do, at least the SNRI anti-d's do. I am currently taking Lexapro and doing well with it. Another good one is Wellbutrin and Cyrabalta, they both effect the same neurotransmitters that tramadol does. It's just they don't have the synthetic opiod effect that the tramadol does so they are not addictive. I would also make sure that you give the medication over to somebody else if possible.

brian

GonnaRecover

A young tramadol user...

howcouldiknow;

You are fine...get back on track or hopefully you already are.

I remeraber that feeling when tapering and taking more than I should (messin up) and "feeling the high" again. Don't think about it. I keep getting times of feeling high without pills...I like it...it feels like a gift. :angel: I have been trying to find ANYTHING and EVERYTHING that will give me a feel-good sensation...my only requirement for the feel-good sensation is that it is LEGAL for me...hahaha.

I have missed my abilities to multi task with the best of them...the running around, getting it all done thing we do, when we are high. My gosh...I was super woman. I have nowhere near the mind/body energy I had but I know I will find my normal. You will too...just keep on tapering...and taper and taper and then...you will be free.

:wave:

reachout

A young tramadol user...

Hi There

Well, quite a bit going on for you. First and foremost, lots of prayers for Mama and Baby ( and, of course, you). The accident must have caused much upset for everyone. Good for you for not wanting to get pain meRAB... do get checked, though, if the pain persists, okay?

I am glad no offense was taken with my posting. I would never try to offend you, only to help you. I am glad the business of life is pushing the desire for a buzz to the background. This is how it should be... we become so involved in the true work of life that we lose a desire not to be able to fully participate and no longer want any high or buzz. We learn to become immersed in life and not drugs.

There is so much to look forward to in your young life... a family, a new job, a new house! These things are so much more rewarding than a temporary high. Erabrace all the wonderful things of life, shun the bad.

I understand the nervousness and excitement of making the next cut. Each cut means we are a step closer to a life without the drug. It can be so hard to imagine life is possible without it! However, I am telling you straight up, not only is it possible, it is 100 times better than our lives on them. As we reach deeper into sobriety, we understand more and more this truth. The feelings you are having are so very normal in this situation. Accept them, feel them, and know you are moving on. You are moving on! A better place in life is waiting for you.

Be strong, believe fully that you are doing a good and positive thing.
    Hugs
    reach

brianpain33

A young tramadol user...

Don't beat yourself up too much. It was a minor slip up. It's not like you took the whole bottle, you know. You can start back on the taper tomorrow or don't take anymore for the rest of the day today. Please don't beat yourself up over this. Your disease wants to see you fail, wants you to suffer. Don't let it make you do this. Fight the thoughts and realize that they are just thoughts. They can not force you to do anything. Maybe you should check out a meeting at NA or AA. I think it would help you out alot and so you are not focused so much on the meRAB. Do you have someone that you could give the tramadol to and only give you your daily amount. That would be another HUGE help in weaning down. Most addicts that have control of their meRAB will fail in a taper. So if you can give the bottle to someone else that you trust then do it.

brian:wave:

Secrets1983

A young tramadol user...

Hey!

I tapered and I completely understand what you are going thru. I swear the only advice I can give you is to keep busy and time will heal you.... I know it sucks.. it's not the answer you want to hear because I sure didn't when I was in your stage but it's true. HANG IN THERE! You are doing GREAT and it will only keep getting better!

Staying active is the key.... it will help you sleep better at night, it will keep you preoccupied durring the day. I know it's so much easier said than done but I did it so I can say it You have shown great strength so keep going and you will beat this!!!

Keep posting!!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

In what corner do we have Search box?

Thread Information