Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
    Juliel85

Anxiety has cost me two jobs....

I was doing fine until I accepted a new job. I left after 4 hours. I then accepted another job. Lasted 2 days. My social anxiety and fear got the better of me. I have to work, but I don't know what to do I can't keep getting and quitting jobs.

CADEN221

I have a similar problem ... my anxiety has to do with my breathing though, which leaRAB to racy thoughts, shallow breathing and hyperventalting, and i try to control my breathing which is ridiculous to alot of people but they just do not know what it feels like. everyone's anxiety is different but you just have to narrow it down to what is bothering you for you to not be able to stay at work... is there something that causes you to have anxiety? or is it just social anxiety? If thats your problem then you can beat this... I promise. Unless you just have it so bad you can't come out of the house,because if your healthy and there isn't anything wrong with you (being told by a doctor of course) then i would definetly try staying off of any medications because most anxiety sufferers suffer from the racy/thoughts which make them panic more, and this can be beat without treatment, even just talking to someone can help alot. Do you get anxious because your at work or do you get them in any crowd? I totally understand where your coming from, I'm starting to be able to control mine and didnt want to start taking medication and I mainly get anxiety daily, but mine is because I have too much free time and think too much, and it is a whole lot better now. But talking with someone definetley helps me through it. But tell me more on exactly whats bothering you so i can help you through this... I used to suffer from social anxiety and had full blown panic attacks to where i couldn't even talk, but you will get through it, just keep telling yourself that, sorry for such a long post but I can TOTALLY relate to you.

Snowdonia

Maybe be upfront with your next employer. When you accept a job offer, ask if you can have a little private chat. Say to your new boss "I tend to get very nervous in the first few days of a new job. This is because I set high standarRAB for myself, and I worry about learning a new job quickly enough. Can you keep an eye open for me? I hope it's OK if I ask lots of questions and take some notes." Any boss who says no to this, or acts funny, is nasty and you dont want to work for them anyway. Any human being would say yes and then look out for you. You'll feel better because you'll have the anxiety out in the open, but without any implication that you are not a competent employee. Good luck.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the number after 87?

Thread Information