Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
    jessconnor

Very very frustrated.. Need help..

ok i'm getting very frustrated with the dr's around here... i posted yesterday about some of my back problems well i went in to see another dr today and i'm low income and have no insurance so i'm on a sliding scale... well i told the dr again what all is goin on and she looked at everything and several times will running her fingers along my spine i'd jerk away and tell her owww it hurts right there she'd say ok and a few minutes later she would push on it again and again i would tell her it hurt... So then she proceeRAB to tell me that she see's on my chart that i'm on prozac and i said yes for PMDD.. and it seemed like right away she got a diff idea of me i could tell... So she tells me the same thing the e.r. told me 2 months ago that it's a lurabar sprain which makes no sense and tells me i need to rest and watch what i do... what am i supposed to do lay around and do nothing well that makes my back hurt too... ugh so she gives me ibuprofen and flexiril and percocet but tells me that since it's a chronic condition of pain that she has to be careful that i dont become reliant on them so i'm only allowed 7 that's right Seven pills a MONTH.... and she said dont take them to do everyday things that's not what their for... if you have to do housework then you'll have to just manage the pain... she also said she wasn't gonna order additional tests like an MRI cause i already had xrays that didn't show anything... so she said it was pointless.. i feel like i'm gonna lose my mind... i always just wanna cry i have 3 young children at home a house to manage and i'm tryin to find a job but if i sit, walk, do housework or whatever it may be then i'm in pain and i can't just neglect everything... she told me at first that it's against their policy to prescribe narcotic pain meRAB but then asks if i've ever had seizures and told her yes their is epilepsy in my family and i have had some before then says she'll give me the 7 percocet cause the other med she can't give me cause it lowers the threshold for seizures... i guess i'm just frustrated cause once she found out i had no insurance and was on antidepressants that she acted like i'm makin all this up or i dont know.... ugh any suggestions? if you've made it this far in i know i did a bunch of murabling... sorry... just very very frustrated... any help!!!

threesues

find a doctor that will give you a referral for an mri. when i first started out i had no insurance either. i was going to a clinic for my xanax because i was shot by my ex. they knew i had no insurance so they gave me a referral to the free hosp. they told me if i waited for a call for the mri i would wait six months they told to show up at the hospital mri place with my referral and tell them that I would wait for a spot - i was out of there with my mri in two hours. I did not have pain to the touch and that is probably why they are saying you are sprained. severe back problems dont hurt when touched. you need to go to a different doctor and tell them about your severe back pain. dont tell them it hurts when they touch it. I understand it may but you need the mri right! I also have pain down my legs and nurabness in my feet. they can touch my back all day. it is on the inside. an xray does not show what is wrong with your muscles and nerves. if you do not have seizures and never have dont tell them that someone in your family has. you can research the medicine for that. then i took the mri to the same doctor and told them i needed to be referred to pain management and i was in in a few weeks. I have three young kiRAB also. since then i have been referred to an orthopedic surgeon. I did not want surgery just wanted a new mri and know more could be done since i do have insurance now. i was balling and they told me i was not a candidate for surgery because i was too emotional and i had young kiRAB and also they know i do not want surgery until i cant walk. They sent me right back to pain management and when my mri came in i was worse and was told that i could not be fixed and will be in pain management forever i guess. If you do not have insurance - my doctor would be 350 first visit and 150 a visit after that. and you can get help with med pay. tell them also when you get in you need a medicine you can get generic. the others are expensive.

jessconnor

well i'm gonna see what i can try to do to get on medicaid or something... when i say my back is tender to the touch i'm talkin about the actual vertebra for some reason it hurts when touching it but i've heard and read that if you have a bad disc it could do that sometimes... and some of my family have a history of epilepsy but i have in fact had seizures when my body has been under extreme stress...i have a follow up appt at the end of this month so i'll just deal with it until then and tell them to please do something if it's still hurting.. thanks for the idea's tho...

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What comes after M0nday

Thread Information