Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    ibake&pray

Medication induced Constipation

Pepper,

Fiber One bars are in the aisle where the granola bars are. The sell them at Target I know. They are packaged 5 to a box. Come in two flavors. Oats and Chocolate which have mini chocolate chips in them with a little drizzle of chocolate on the top. The other flavor is Oats and Peanut butter which has peanut chunks (or peanut butter chips, can't tell) with a drizzle of butterscotch) over the top. It has 150 calories, and 9 grams of fiber, which is 35% of the daily amout of fiber.

Emily, (ahem) please remeraber that they are no longer prunes but pitted and dried plums. They felt they were getting a bad rap as prunes so the plum growers have changed their names to dried plums...welll ESCUUUUSSSEEEEE MMMEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!

ms_west

Don't know if this will help you or not but bannanna's constipate me. Also beware of carrots they are constipating in nature.

lilredsmom

So Big Red, where would one find this SMOOTH MOVE? I have to tell ya, one of my kiRAB has a problem with "going big" and when she visits and says, "Mom, can I use your bathroom?" I panic because it usually enRAB with an overflow issue and she's way too erabarrassed to see a doc about it!

Arthr Itis

I'm glad someone else started this topic. I've been on various drugs for the last 4 years and it's been so long since I've been "normal". It's like one thing works for awhile then it's time to switch.

ms_west

Thanks -- darn it I was just at Target too!!! I looked around the slim fast stuff and colace/Metamucil section-- NOT THERE!!

laf761

I swore by...Miralax...right after the surgery

For maintenance..... now every night I take a table spoon of Milk of Magnesia..If that doesn't work have a 1/2 glass of prune juice as a chaser.

If you prefer food dtuff...a small bowl of raisin bran w/ skim milk every morning or right before bed works like a charm the next morning..OR...2-3 dried figs, dried dates, prunes or apricots at bedtime also work like a charm...also satisfy that sweet craving.

Good luck..I haven't had a problem since...........

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What comes after M0nday

Thread Information