Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
    chevmal283

Yoga? Searching for new info and old info/loss of natural curve of spine

Have had three lurabar surgeries (lam, Double, redo) and two neck (double)...

I have many terrible syptoms (nerve damage,pins and needles, weakness, sacrum pain, etc)

Anyway, I read here a long post regarding what to be careful about when engaged in Yoga. I've searched for this post via Advanced Search, but did not find what I had read.

I remeraber it was a long post and spoke about (well just one of many things) about the loss of natural curvature of spine.

I just read it less than two weeks ago.

If the post is still avaliable to read and I did a wrong search (I swear it was titled "Yoga" in Back Problems) then please show me where it is.

Or, tell me what your experience is and if it is safe for a person with the aforemention surgeries and DDD, buldging disks, arthritis, etc, in lurabar and cervical.

I have heard it is no different (scientifically speaking) than a stretching program...which is free of the Eastern religious connotations which some folk might feel uncomfortable being apart of.

I just worried that I shouldn't be doing it and the person who saying to do it is not up on their understanding of back and neck surgery.

And, would like to know what the loss of natural curve of spine means to one with it. The word starts with an "L" and both my cervical and lurabar suffer from it...well, have it...whether it is causing pain, I don't know. I'm in pain though.

lfoster21

I will help you look for the thread, as I remeraber the one you are talking about. I can tell you that my yoga teacher told me that I am not to do any of the excercises that are on all 4's. I can only to the ones on my back. It is because the bending at the waist inflmes my lower back and SI Joint.

If I fnd the thread, I will reply again.

lfoster21

chevmal283

Hey, thanx for searching for me. That isn't the one I read. Informative though. Still, the one I read was quite thorough and like I said this person spoke about the Lodorsis (spelling?...I'm totally guessing) and how important it is to know about in relation to participating Yoga. Weird. I wonder if the post is couched in a post that is not titled "Yoga" but digresses into a discussion about Yoga. I knew I should have book marked it.

Thanx again.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the number after 87?

Thread Information