I have an 8 GB Sandisk Ultra class 4 SDHC card and it suddenly stopped working in my camcorder! It was working perfectly and after erasing my memory card via my laptop, my camera continues to say "format memory card." When I try to format the card on my camcorder, it continues to say "formatting do not power off" forever and never seems to format.

The logical thing to do here is to format my card through my PC and put it back in... I did that and it didn't work. I tried everything..

I tried another memory card brand "Impact" which is a 1 GB card and the camera works with this card and still works with it to this day.

Here's the weird thing, I sent the Sandisk card back to the manufacturer and I received a BRAND NEW card and the camera still does the same thing!

Is it possible that my camera remembers my old card and now rejects any sandisk product? Is there a way to COMPLETELY reset the camera? I tried reseting the camera via the reset option on the camera and that didn't work.

For you camera geniuses out there, please help! I'm about to buy a non sandisk product so please help me resolve this before I waste my money!

Thanks!