I have a 1994 Dodge B250 Hi-Top Conversion Van with a 3.9 Liter engine and it has been giving me some problems since I bought it. I will start it up in the morning and will need to keep my foot on the gas until it warms-up. Even after that it might still die on me when I come to a stop and a light or let off the gas. I know that in the morning when I start it up if I try to slowly lift my foot off the accelerator it will begin to surge (Idling up and down) unless I press it down with a little more weight. I have replaced the spark plugs, wires, distributor cap, rotor, ASD Relay and a fuel pump Relay (They come together on the same bracket) and battery.
I am at a loss. I am usually good at these things but this has got me stumped. I have read on some web sites that it might also be my PCM (God I hope not). I am trying to get this repaired due to the fact that it is my family cruiser. LOL. If anyone has any idea about this matter please let me know. I am open for any and all serious replies. Thanks in advance.
I forgot to say that I changed the TPS as well. I'm sorry. I don't know what the first acronym stands for from the first reply. Please elaborate and tell me what it does. As for it idling erratically, it only does it when it is cold. After it warms up it runs just fine.