Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

What is the difference between adopting a pet and buying a pet?

What's the difference?

I'm planning on buying a Tabby Kitten, and I looked up some information on them & a few places where I could buy them and people were saying "Don't BUY a pet ADOPT one"

Please help

-Thanks
    Thank you for all your answers guys, i'm definitely going to adopt

Let's give a poor, unloved, homeless cat a home

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Because there are tons of pets waiting to be adopted, and often the alternative to finding a home is being put to sleep for them. There is already an overpopulation of cats, too many cats needing homes and not enough homes available. By purchasing you encourage sellers to breed more and add to that overpopulation.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    adopting an animal is usually never free. i dont know why someone would think that. shelters must make money so they can afford to care for the animals they have. the humane society is the best place to adopt an animal for because usually the animals come fixed and with the set of shots that they need.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Animals you buy are bred in horrible farms where the animals are treated very bad. If you buy one, they just breed more and more animals suffer. If you adopt, You save one animals life and many more that need a place to stay. Please adopt.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Buying a pet supports an industry that almost universally mistreats their animals and adds more animals in need of homes when there are many unwanted cats in shelters already. Adopting an animal from a shelter (like the SPCA or a local shelter) gives a cat a second chance. Adopting a cat also usually costs less than buying one. Shelters will have all different breeds and colours and shapes and sizes, and as a bonus for you, the adoption fee is usually the same whether they're pure or mixed-breed.

Probation Member

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Normally, 'adopting' would be seen as offering a home to an animal from a Shelter/Rescue. Not necessarily for free however. Buying a pet - obviously this would be seen as buying a pet from a breeder, usually as a puppy, but not necessarily so.

Nothing wrong with doing either!!

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Usually adopting would be taking a pet that is in a un habitable position where as a animal your buying will be in a OK home regardless if you take it or not. Kind of the same thing really. If your looking to do good go to the humane society I suppose.

Newbie - NLP

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    buy = you pay money for it, and its usually bred for profit
    adopt = save a cat from a shelter or from someone who can't have his cat anymore, or rescue from the street

adoption is said to be better and more honorable because you are not just getting a pet, you are saving a life.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the number after 87?

Thread Information