Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

8600 luna vs lg prada vs others

Im looking for a device to be a sidekick to my xda exec So i do not need large memories or mp3 or amazing cameras or speed, wifi etc etc. I just need a device that looks good and turns head at the moment ill be bringing this as my main phone only and ill only bring my exec on some occasions such as overseas or meetings. Ive have no budget requirements. My requirements are

-beautiful
    -easy to use
    -hearable ringtones
    -lots and lots of smses and calls (no emails)
    -random snaps (both cameras sucks i know)
    -RARE and UNIQUE
    -BUILD QUALITY must be superb. I actually like heavy phones (thats why i onwed and xda exec . N95 build quality i absolutely hate and dont feel good) this is why n95 is out of my list
    -Bright and nice screens and can display wallpapers nicely
    -do not use speakerphone
    -good voice quality
    -battery at least last one day for calls and smses only ( i use 1 hour call and 30smses daily)

As i have no limited budget..Hmm just anything under 1200 USD will do (no vertu recommndations ) Here are my choices to choose from

-8600 luna
    -lg prada
    -8800 sirocco
    -any other recommendations

Please advice me what whould i buy. thanks alot guys

I had the Prada for a bit, but for me I kind of found the touch screen to impractical and I needed a QWERTY til now, so i got my e61i and am now selling that cause i no longer need a QWERTY lol. I am thinking about buying the luna, I checked it out in store and I liked it, but I thought it might be a little small. Also, ive read that the prada has an asending ringtone so it is difficult to hear when the phone initially rings and by the time u hear it, it just might be too late (but perhaps someone who has had the phone longer than i did can verify this)

I am interested to hear other ppl's opinions as well. I am looking for a high-end phone as well but am not sure what else there is besides the luna and the 8800.

Based on your requirements, the 8600 is the only choice. The Prada has too many features you won't use and between the 8800se and the 8600, I'd go for the 8600 because it's newer, has better battery life and a better screen

8600. It's quad band, keypad is better than 8800, looks much nicer (although people say it looks feminine), and has an amazing screen.

I'm also interested in hearing reviews because I'm planning on buying a secondary phone as well to go with my HTC P3300. But that's my take.

Nokia knows how to do this "fashion phone" thing to turn heads, but in addition to that it also has the "unique" factor like you wouldn't believe. The average person will probably hear about the LG Prada and might even hear about it in the light of the misconception that it's some kind of "iPhone wannabe" even though it was introduced first, but the Luna is a phone that will be much more exclusive and will turn heads in a good way.

That's my 2 cents.

Thanks for the comments Now its just between the prada and luna for me. Both is good choices but the prada is a little bit too light and fragile while the luna...im a little scared of sudden price drops as some people mentioned in this forum. Im one of the first buyers of the v3 looks what happens now to the v3.

So anyone thinks that the luna will have sudden price drops to 200-300 and then everyone will have it..

nahh the luna isn't gona drop a lot.. probably like.. 50 bucks at the most?
    probably gona be like the 8800 and not drop
    but if you get the prada it automatically drops $200 XD

i've read this comparison review of the luna and prada.
    and it showed that the prada was better in all aspects except for the mp3 playing.
    i would also pick the prada over the luna for its..
    - easy to use UI
    - touch screen
    - better screen resolution
    - AUTO FOCUS camera
    - expandable memory
    - A LOT more applications

but since you kinda want a heavier phone.. it's your call

.....Snob??

Why a snob?

How about the LG Shine? Don't know if its common where you are but out here it would definitely turn heads.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

How many letters in the word Rabroad

Thread Information