Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread

Any phones with same flip design as the 9300?

Is there any other phones with the same mini laptop style that the Nokia 9300 and 9500 have? I know there is another style phone out like them because I have seen it somewhere but cannot remember who makes the phone.

Cheers,
    AhrJay

Off the top of my head:

LG VX9800
    Moto a630

and to a lesser extend
    Sidekick 2 (doesn't open like a clam up the screen swivels up to reveal a full keyboard)

All have pros, all have cons.

Hey thanks for the reply, but those phones only seem to be available in the US I'm from the Australia do you or does anyone else know if these a possibly coming to Aus or of any other phones that would work in Aus similar to those phones?

Cheers

Well the a630 is GSM 900/1800/1900 so it will work wherever that GSM is located (most all over europe).

yeah.. everything else is kinda "proprietary" to the United States (the sidekick requires special servers to operate, the LG is for Verizons CDMA network).

I think nokia are the only ones really using that design for their keyboard. You can get a Imate K-Jam(Qtek 9100) and it has it's keyboard sliding out from behind the screen. Otherwise the choices are a bit limited.

Hey AhrJay, the carriers would like you to believe that you can only buy the phones they are offering. This is not true. With GSM service (which it sounds like you have) you can buy and use ANY unlocked phone that is capable of supporting your carrier's frequency bands. The Motorola A630 is available in both the 850/1800/1900 and 900/1800/1900 bands. Be sure to get the correct one for you should you go with it.

Tango Uniform.

Hey thanks for the replies I really liked the LG one the most any chance that could work on aus gsm networks, or am I out of luck?

Cheers

the LG offered by verizon? (the flip one with 2 speakers on the inside) cannot be used on a gsm network

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What color is our footer?

Thread Information