Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread

E61 time zone issoe

Hello!

See, I live in Brazil, and we got 4 time zones, ranging from gmt -4 to -2. Oddly, on my E61 there's no -3 city, and I am on a GMT -3 part of Brazil (in fact, most of Brazil is, indeed, -3!). If I choose another country which is -3, such as Argentina, will that reflect on any other local settings? Can I add a city that's not on the list?

Cheers,

oculos

E61 time zone issoe

Provided that your time zone and -3 Argentina are the same it shouldnt make any difference. In the US the entire east coast is the same time zone so there is no need for regional selections. If it's 8 in Maine or in Florida it makes no difference. I dont think your able to add a city btw if it's not on the list.

E61 time zone issoe

If you just set your phone to auto update by network, then it should change by itself (based on your network signlal).

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

E61 time zone issoe

Not really... I tried that, but it seems my network won't send it...

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

E61 time zone issoe

Hmmmm... Greentooth made a good point above... For the US on the East coast... New York and Atlanta are both in the same time zone, so a user in each city would set it to -5 for Eastern Time Zone...

E61 time zone issoe

If that's the case, thats the first report I've heard of the phone not updating by network. I dont know if it makes a difference but set your phone to GSM only. If you havent done this yet then your E61 by default will be searching for a non-existant 3g/umts connection and suck your battery dry....and give that a shot and see if somehow it's interfering with your network. Otherwise, contact your provider and let them know about your dilemma.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the sum of 36 and 12

Thread Information