Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread

N80 IE, refuses to stream from the network?

Been trying to make my N80 with IE firmware to stream for the network for weeks now with zero luck.

It sees all the network client, sees the folders, sees the files, it can even download the files to the phone and then play them, but if I try to stream it just hangs on the "waiting for devices" screen for hours.

I tried Windows Media Connect software, The Orb, and Twonky Media. Neither of the 3 could help. And I tried it on 4 different PCs on my network, still no luck. Did anyone manage to make it stream?

PS. Anyone get googlevideo/youtube work on the phone? Tinytube is wierd, can never find anything on it.
    Also anyone could get their Flikr account to register? Mine always says the user name or password is incorrect when I know they are correct. Is the Flikr mobile only for paying customers?

Flickr works perfectly on my N80ie. But, I used to get that invalid username/passwd message in my N73.

Fixed streaming on my N80 when I set up port triggering (not forwarding) on my router for realplayer. I think it's port 554 if I remember correctly.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Also no need anymore for windows media connect. With the lastest windows media player it's now integrated into the player, so no need for a separate program.

Which machine did you set it up for? My router does not have triggering option it seems, but it does have DMZ, albeit for a single machine only.

I tried both the phone, and then the local pc, and unsuccessful result

Hehehe, Blue13x thanks man, but when I meant wmconnect I did mean the laterst media player :P

Also, do any of your machines see the N80 on the network as a upnp device? Windows media does see the N80 as a upnp device, and I do allow it, but network neighberhood does not see it, even though I have the drivers, and it sees other upnp devices such as my router (but not the xbox360).

Hmmm if putting the phone on dmz doesn't work then I'm stumped. Mine doesn't show up either on pc. Have you tried the Simple Home Media software that came on the cd.

I had that problem with flickr as well. Somehow, after me trying it like 20 times, it just worked. I have no clue what I did to make it work. After I did a hard reset on my phone for an unrelated problem, it worked perfectly the first time. It seems to be picky -

I had no problems getting mine to stream from orb...well, almost none. It is one of those things where you just have to keep doing it until something clicks I guess -

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the sum of 36 and 12

Thread Information