Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
    !ChEWy!

How do you feel about the school in which your child is attending?

Are you comfortable with their abilities to not only properly educate your child but provide a safe environment in which to receive their education? Is there anything in particular that you do not care for in your child's school district? What would you be willing to do or sacrifice so that your child either could or continues to receive the education they deserve?

!Andy!

I'm mostly satisfied with the school my children attend. There are some minor things I wish I could change, but they're nothing much. My son's elementary school is okay; nothing particularly good or bad about it. My daughter attends a magnet school, and they have a great magnet program there that I think is very good. (:

teeenaa!

well i'm 13 and i go to private school and its christian too. i'm apparently getting a great education so yeah. well here's whats been goin on i guess. u mite wanna know. i started taking latin in the 3rd grade and this school provides a "Classical" education. we dont have a computer class... bcuz weev grown up with them and already know how to use them. so yeah...

!*Y U!*

I'm satisfied with the schools my children are attending. I also live in a state (South Dakota) that allows parents to choose their child(ren)'s public school as long as there is space available and parents could work out the transportation. My sister lives in New Jersey and she can't choose another public school out of her neighborhood.

Phill T

Love my kid's school... of course it could use a second bathroom. We homeschool and this place gets a bit crowded at times. .. but it is plenty safe till our crazy neighbors go shooting at birds in the backyard. Jeff Foxworthy would get plenty of material off of these people. I don't care much for the fact that my child's school district has the rep of being one of the most 'anti-homeschooler' districts in the state... but I know the law and they aren't going to intimidate me like they have been know to try with others. I stay home to teach my child instead of working in a public or private school for $$ to see that my child gets the education he deserves. I run all over town to see that he gets the education and socialization he deserves too.

teekay

I'm not too happy with the elementary school my son attends. There are 4 gates to get into the school. All 4 are open all day where anyone could just drive in. Two of the gates enter into the back of the school where classrooms face the parking lot. Anyone could just walk into those classrooms. I have voiced my concerns and was told that all vistiors are required to check in at the front office. I guess they figure that if someone had bad intentions, they would still go to check in? LOL. There is no security personnel on campus either.I would love to stay home and homeschool or send him to a private school, but unfortunately I am not financially able to do that. He is going to Middle school next year and our local Middle school is locked down like a fort!

Philip R

well i am 13 and love the school i go to because i am a trouble maker and it is fun to

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What comes after M0nday

Thread Information