Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Want Palm OS screen capture (again)

Hello, Strife89 - I remember you.

Actually the Windows 7 snip tool converts to either PNG or JPEG, and I have it set by default to .PNG format.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

/me has been meaning to get a new digitizer for his T|X for a while, but he lacks the money and tools. Aside from library computers, the TX is my only portal to the Internet.

Hello to the rabroad members who remember me, by the way.

I would recommend using Irfanview for batch-converting the .bmps Snap takes - and converting to PNG instead of JPG (better quality for almost the same space usage as JPG) unless you really need JPG.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Good plan, ArGiEs. My former boss still has his T3, even though he went w/the iPhone and upgrades over the past few years.

FWIW, the ol' T3 will prolly be used for awhile for archived data that I may not be able to port to the iPod Touch, and/or continue to log business miles 'till I find a similar mileage tracker to my liking in HanDBase for iPhone.

Not to mention, I have a second T3 sitting on the shelf already - a hardware backup. I'll have not one, but two EOL devices on hand. Such a deal!

ArGiEs, thanks for the very tempting offer. I would love to have a T3, but I'm having a tough time managing my stuff. I need to get rid of things. I have a IIIxe, a T|E, and a TX. I still use the TX a bit, but that's soon going to need a new touch screen, too. Maybe Varjak would take it off your hands! :newpalm:

Enjoy your iPod Touch. I bought one for my wife last year and unfortunately it's gathering dust some where . Sigh....I can't win.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

I agree with Jig. I'd throw it in a drawer. Infael was going to throw his T3 away and I PM'ed him to take it off his hands, but he/she never answers PM's it seems. I always liked the T3.

I'll tell you what I wrote in that thread. You never know, digitizer or not, whether you might want to use it as a 'throw away' MP3 player or something where you might not want to take your primary device. If it fails or is damaged, you won't care.

Well, there is a pack-rat mentality part in me that screams "Don't throw it!" However, the reality of it is that the digitizer on this unit is slowly failing , and it's not worth unloading a eventually-to-be-unusable unit onto somebody, IMO...unless there's some geekish collector that doesn't care (& can replace the digitizer) and simply must have a T3! BTW, Jig, if you want it, i'll mail it to you!

I will be so glad to leave Palm touchscreens behind and jump full bore into my iPod Touch!!!

Congratulations getting it to work. Don't throw the T3 in the trash, please! I'm sure someone would love to take it off your hands. :newpalm:

Tapsmart Keylink did exactly what I really was looking for: displayed the T3's live screen image in larger-than-life scale (set to %150), then snipped w/Win7 tool. Fast, neat, got it all. Daughter's art preserved

I'd go as Hook says. Snap is a simple app, not a DA, but it does the job clean. It indeed saves in .bmp though, but as long as you're not trying to make a stop-motion movie, you can clean the device's memory every now and then and there you are. Actually, Snap is my screen capture app of choice.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What comes after M0nday

Thread Information