Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread

Applications for a T3

Hi Folks.......

Any app.'s you just wouldn't do without on your Palm T3?

Cheers,

Syno

Applications for a T3

YAUC is a unit convereter if you do any work with metric system. YAUC stands for "yet another unit converter". It is free at PalmGear. And it does alot more than converting to metrics. A very small program and a must have. Does not work on the T5 apparently.

Best wishes

JDon

Applications for a T3

PhoneMagic (addressbook software) is an application that I use often on my T3. Entries can be accessed without using the stylus (just fingers), and names (either first or last names) can be recalled by key-ing in the letters "phone T9" style. It can be used to dial numbers for your cellphone, and tones can also be generated from your addressbook entries to dial from conventional phones.

You should try the demo version to appreciate its usefulness (www.phonemagic.com).

Applications for a T3

Hi dmyu,

I'd be REAL interested in finding out how you do the following from your T3 .......

key-ing in the letters "phone T9" style. It can be used to dial numbers for your cellphone, and tones can also be generated from your addressbook entries to dial from conventional phones.

Cheers,

Syno

Applications for a T3

I suggest that you try PhoneMagic demo (good for 30 days) in the link I provided. You will experience what I am talking about once you try using it.

When using PhoneMagic, you can use your fingers to tap on the large buttons to look-up an address.

T9-style look up works this way: if you are looking for Bob's number, tap the (ABC) button once, (MNO) button once, and (ABC) button once again. In short, you spelled "BOB" by tapping once the button where the letter is located. So for Mary, tap (MNO), (ABC), (PQRS), (WXYZ) and Mary's address/number will be shown.

(Note: The buttons are configured similar to telephone buttons with several alphabetically arranged letters on each button).

Once you get to an address entry, tap "dial" and you will have a choice of dialing any of the numbers there thru your cellphone (paired by bluetooth or infrared), or making a tone dial by putting the T3 speaker near the mouthpiece of a conventional touch tone phone.

Try PhoneMagic, and you'll probably find it as a very convenient address book replacement application. Its main advantage is that you don't need to use a stylus, or to even open the T3 slider, to look up addresses.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Applications for a T3

Hi

It's a toss up really Diet and Exercise Assistant, was fatter then I am now! Lost three stone in four months thanks to this little gem.

Now I'm thin again (well thinner!) I'd probably go with SplashMoney! Nice to remind me how skint I am!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the number after 87?

Thread Information