Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

TCPMP v0.66 Released - SUPPORTS FLASH!

Huge list of improvements in the new successor to 0.65 TCPMP Video player - including about 15 HUGE improvements (if that's possible!) - this guy is just fantastic!!

http://corecodec.org/frs/?group_id=53

Left click on VERSION # for version detailed info. Most excellent! Todays' a good day!!

ADDENDUM: just loaded to flash TCMPM prc, AAC File Manager, and MPG1 / MPG4, total 879k. Works Perfectly. Rock On. The PlugIns also work in flash, so I guess some of you could feel free to load every plugin TCPMP comes with (including new ffdshow one) - but I only need 2.

Man this media Player is kick-ass, and the developer deserves to be paid for this one. Bit it's free as can be! If anyone still hasn't tried it yet, what are you waiting for? Ditch Kinoma or MMPlayer, they're crap. Try TCPMP now!

Here are the latest changes made:

Changes:
    version 0.66: 2005-07-08
    +plugins only loaded when needed
    +amr nb/wb audio decoder
    +mp3 xing/vbri vbr info reader
    +"Landscape" by Mobile Stream support on Sony CLIE NX/NZ/TH
    +Sony HHE plugin. THANKS to Mobile Stream for reverse engineering GE2D API!
    +Zodiac plugin using ATI Imageon hardware video decoding and 2D acceleration
    +AAC plugin memory and speed optimizing (and fixing 5.1 channel support)
    +ffmpeg plugin (video only)
    +icecast support
    +asf http streaming
    +ogg/ogm native player buffering (saves dynamic memory)
    +tremor vorbis decoder with high-accuracy (default with WinCE)
    +merged .mpg file support (timestamps restart inside media)
    +Sony remote control keys support (Thanks to aplus)
    +WinCE: WMP10 support (WMA/WMV) (except on devices with 2700G)
    +PalmOS: shortcuts and preferences in main menu, key navigation (Thanks to Dan Walkowski)
    +PalmOS: support for ROM storage (example with JackFlash)
    +PalmOS: left/right direction buttons skip songs and seek when holding down for longer
    +PalmOS: form savebehind disabled (saves dynamic memory)
    +PalmOS: T|T T|2 memory tweak
    +PalmOS: white borderless fullscreen and tripple buffering tweak on some devices
    +PalmOS: battery manager override tweak
    +PalmOS: WMMX optimized motion compensation code added
    +PalmOS: sysAppLaunchCmdOpenDB & sysAppLaunchCmdCustomBase launchcodes for launching media files
    +WinCE: 2700G and ATI Imageon hardware released in background
    +WinCE: Musepack plugin added to main install (AC3 removed to separate plugin)
    +'fill screen' zoom option
    -zero & duplicated chunk avi handling (fixes a/v sync with some tv records)
    -non interleaved avi handling
    -LifeDrive: action button fix and audio distrotion workaround for silent parts
    -QDA700: smartphone audio fix
    -Treo650: keyboard backlight light fix
    -PalmOS: frame dropping bugfix
    -Sony: jog keys fix
    -.mov and .asf file reader fixes
    -PalmOS: alarm suppressing fix
    -avi seeking fix
    -PalmOS: plugin relocation not making databases 'dirty'
    -PalmOS: low memory situation fixes
    -WinCE version working again
    -2700G: display flashing and freezing fix
    -WinCE: file associations fix (ringtone on Smartphones, downloading from web)
    -many minor bugfixes

Anybody notice that the (latest 0.66) zip file no longer has "UNSTABLE" as part of the name?

Does this mean anything???

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Yeah, I noticed that when I went to download too! And thatswhat it says in the about dialog.

Hey thanks for the update!!!

It appears that the way to install movies is to use a card reader and install the entire Mpeg file (without changing or converting the Mpeg in any way) to a directory on your card (using a card reader). TCPMP will then be able to find and play these "native" files?

Is this correct?

Cheers,

Syno

Absolutely Correct. Older TCPMP Versions required it be in the "front/main directory;" as of 0.65 you can make a folder anywhere on the card, and use the AAC File Manager (200k) to access it. Once you do that, the player searches that folder automatically. Be sure and "find" the folder, and select "Select All." From then on you don't have to mess with it.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

I am using Card Export II to let windows see my T|E as a virtual hard drive in windows. I put my video files in a VIDEO folder on the SD card and point TCPMP there if I want to play videos.

I do use a few apps to convert some files, mostly to reduce the quality and size so it's more playable on a T|E, which isn't super fast. Still, I can use XviD codec to make mpeg files with 320 width at any aspect ratio and I usually drop the frames per second in half, so if it's a 640x480@30fps mpeg, after conversion it's 320x240@15fps. This results in respectable quality/performance/size for my T|E.

To convert the vids I use:
    • DivX Codec - Probably need to install some form of this. Ughhh, watch out for the ad/spy-ware bundled version!
    • XviD Codec - This is needed to re-/encode the video files with this codec (duh, as well as play them on your PC).
    • Pocket DivX Encoder - A pretty cool re-encoder program.
    • Unlogic Movie Encoder* - Fairly good at converting, though maybe more technical in design.
      *Unlogic Movie Encoder needs another program, VirtualDub, in order to re-encode the videos. UMC is actually more like a cue/config loader for VirtualDub, though it's fairly seamless.

Right now on my Palm I have three Monty Python full length movies , and they only take about 350MB's on the SD card. It's pretty sweet watchin Life of Brian in a laundry mat.

I forgot, you may need an mp3 codec too. I like the open source LAME mp3 codec.

Awesome update. And there was me thinking he had been taking a break of these last couple of months
    Thanks for the heads-up; I've given up checking the TCPMP site. I'll have more patience next time

TungstenEGuy, I've been using the freeware version of FairUse Wizard to convert a DVD to an avi file. It's only one application to take care of the conversion, compression, and the audio. (For an old guy like me, easier is better.) If you want to give it a try, the Lite version is freeware. Here is the web site:

http://www.fairusewizard.com/lang_en/index.html

Also, TCPMP has its own mp3 codec included in the zip file. ... Finally, Life of Brian is great! I also like the Holy Grail. (nudge-nudge, wink-wink!)

OldBlue

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hmmm, I never actually rip DVD's myself, since I am too lazy to bother with the conversion but I may try it now with that program. Thanks for the link!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the sum of 36 and 12

Thread Information