Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread

Upgrade T5 to TX? or WIFI Card?

Hello everyone! This is my first post. I have been reading this forum for a while now and really like it. I bought a T5 about two years ago (I really like it) thinking that I would get a Bluetooth phone in the future, to access the web. Well, I singed a 2 year contract last year with Verizon. They don't let you use their phones as a modem, you have to buy there data plan. I don't want to. So I can't access the web that way. So that leves me with the question: Should I buy a TX for the WIFI or should I get the WIFI card for the T5? Taking the money out of it, what do you guys think? Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks.

Get a TX. I have an E2 with the WiFi Card. While it functions OK it is real slow compared to the T|X. The WiFi card will cost you $100 bucks so consider it as getting a T|X for $200 bucks. I purchased NetChaser and have now found hundreds of places to connect.

Thank you very much for your input! I'm kinda sick my $400.00 T5 is going to be collecting dust soon.

It does not have to. Keep it synced, (beam) info between the two. Then you always have a backup. I have different stuff on all my Palms and I play with them all. Any one I pick up has the same vital info on them plus the different games. I kind of pick one depending on the mood I'm in and what games I want.

Thats not the worst advise. Thank you. I'll have to try and wrap my mind around that for a while.

I would also suggest a T|X over the T|E. You'll be getting a better bang for your buck.

Hi guys. I took your advice and sprung for a new TX today! It's all charged and ready to go. I just have one question before I can get started. I have all of the software from my T5 on my computer. What will happen when I load the TX cd into my computer. Will it conflict? Overwrite or what?

Can I go ahead and just do it or should I delete the old Palm software?
    Thanks.

Backup your data folder, uninstall Palm desktop, install Palm desktop from the CD included with the T|X.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

In what corner do we have Search box?

Thread Information