Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread

Lost data when syncing 2 machines

I sync my T5 with my laptop and another laptop. I have them both configured to sync the data. Last time, I lost many contacts. Anyone have an idea as to why?

Is there a way to get back the older version?

thanks

Lost data when syncing 2 machines

Lost Data - Palm never deletes anything it archives it to the PC. You can go to the Palm Desktop and then go to file menu and open the archive and then force the sync to the Handheld to restore it after the next hot sync. You'll need to do this for each PIM database, Calendar, Contacts, Tasks and Memos.

Why it happened: Well the Palm conduit manager isn't the best method of keeping track to syncing to two different computers. My suggestion is to manually change the conduits so that you force the sync from the handheld to the computer and vice versa each time you change the computer you are syncing to.

It doesn't happen often but it does happen.

And invest in a backup program that will store the data to the SD card so that in the event of another occurence - you can restore directly from the SD card.

Resco Explorer has an option that it will backup to the SD card each time you hot sync - and it will do so before it allows the hot sync to continue so you know the data is current to that instance.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the sum of 36 and 12

Thread Information