Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Toon Zone Talkback - "Lil' Bush" Episode 1: Lil' Rascals Gone Wrong

This is the talkback thread for "Lil' Bush" Episode 1: Lil' Rascals Gone Wrong.

Poor, poor Lil' Bush. You're about 4 years too late.

Did they just get away with the 's' word four times in a row during that song?

EDIT: My post was, well, posted after 2 words, so I'll put the real post here after I finish typing it.
    EDIT2: Okay, for some reason its not letting me edit in my full post for some reason, so in case this it doesn't now, this second edit won't show up.
    EDIT3: Okay its working, but for some reason copy and past from second window won't work, so I'll just have to rewrite it and will keep it short.

Good: The stuff with Lil' Dick Cheney was too over the top to not be funny, and having C. Rice being in love with Lil' Bush seems just so right giving their bizarre relationship of sorts in real life, that this seems almost ingenious.

Bad: BUT I am SO glad they did NOT use the dead Iraq kid as Bernie from "Weekend at Bernie's", but to have him killed by a literally mentally challenged child version of Jeb Bush was still pushing it, and is WAY less funny when watching the show than when reading the bizarre sentance I just wrote, which almost makes it sounds funny in a dark humor kind of way, but still felt a little too much for me.

The same for Lil' Cheney, who's supposedly a kid, having a sex with Mrs. Bush, but the following stuff with him stuck up inside her is hilarious. Its like they keep following totally wrong, even for a comedy sitcom cartoon, with something funny enough to balance it out, but its still a little too gross and leaves me feeling a little dirty. Hopefully they mellow out for the next episode, but I doubt it.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Well, that sucked.

Maybe it's because I dislike the thought of Bush in office and have mocked him a lot personally but I'm going to go against what most people have said/are saying about this series and say I liked it. Yeah okay it used the most obvious/brash political humor with stereotype parodies of Rebulican and Democrat figures and didn't really push any mature boundries or anything, but I was chuckling throughout, from Bush and co easily getting into the army, the montage in Iraq, Little Cheney ending up in Mrs. Bush, Lil George wanting to be a sinner and "To turn face with the votes let's burn this place down". I would watch another ep of this at least so I would say it's a pretty funny ep that dosen't pretend it's anything better then it is: A cheap little satire.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Good review about a bad show. I watched and it was just dumb and unfunny. I will not be watching again. Following "That's My Bush" I'd say that speficially targeted political satire in the half-hour format doesn't work. At least these two shows can't seem to do it. And like him or hate him, making fun of George W. Bush can be very funny.

I do want to comment that even though Bush Senior is President, things seem to be set in modern times.

Even if this WAS a good show, it would be too dated to continue within two years. It has Rumsfeld and that already makes it dated.

Does Comedy Central ever want to have another South Park again, or do they just want cheap forgettable shows over and over? If I were in charge I'd look for someone who could create another classic with staying power. There's an obvious difference in income here. They still make stuff with Cartman on it after ten years.

I didn't see the revamped show, but I did watch three of the cell phone cartoons thanks to Comedy Central On Demand. Few of the jokes were funny, but I must say that I loved the image songs that were played. Those are actually worth tuning in for if they're kept.

Didn't like the first short much, but the second one got a few good laughs out of me. Ironically, it was the episode that didn't involve political topics, just the kids acting like kids and getting into crazy situations.

Got a few chuckles out of some of Dick Cheney's antics, but thats about it.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the sum of 36 and 12

Thread Information