Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Your favorite grouchy character thread

A lot of cartoons back in the day used to have the one character who stood out from the rest because basically the rest of them were always so happy and cheerful that they needed one that was just perpetually in a bad mood to balance it out. Those were always the more three dimensional characters to me because they seemed to represent real people. My favorite ones were Grumpy from Care Bears and Grouchy Smurf.

My favorite grouchy characters:

The Grinch(How The Grinch Stole Christmas) - He's been my favorite grouch who wants to steal Christmas.
    Grouchy Smurf(The Smurfs) - He's always my favorite when he always hates everything, but deep down, he does actually care in an certain episode(which I don't remember what episode).
    Grumpy(CareBears) - As much as I miss the show, he's been my favorite due to his grouchiness, but he does have a caring side on certain episodes.
    Gruffy(Gummi Bears) - Another cool show that I'll always miss which Gruffy has been my favorite when him being a grouchy jerk but later does have a caring side to others and he's funny when he always gets mad at Gusto(my other favorite character).
    Mr.Wilson(Dennis the Menace) - He made be one the grouchy old neighbor that always hates poor Dennis, but he does have a soft side for the troublemaker like in the fitness gym episode.
    Mr.Gronkle(Busy World of Richard Scarry) - I miss that show which he's an interesting grouchy warthog character who actually has a heart sometimes.
    Squidward(Spongebob) - He's always my favorite on the show with his grouchiness hating poor Spongebob, but he actually cares for him like in that delivery episode when he helps Spongebob by bashing on that fish jerk when he wants a soft drink which I rooted for Squidward to let him have it since bad whiny customers are so annoying and when he moved to a city of Squidwards when he felt lonely and wanted to move back with Spongebob.
    Ren Hoek(R&S) - He may be always grouchy on bashing on Stimpy alot which he's hilarious, but he did had a soft side in that Christmas episode when he give Stinky to a depressed Stimpy, and was actually worried about Stimpy being out in the freezing cold weather to find Stinky.
    The Brain(Pinky & the Brain) - He's always my favorite due to his grouchiness/meaness towards Pinky's silliness which cracks me up.
    Eustace(Courage the Cowardly Dog) - He's like Mr.Wilson who's the next grouchy old prick but the funniest whenever he's greedy & bashing on Courage.

Reasons, man. We need to know why you chose those particular characters so that this doesn't degenerate into another pointless list thread.

Also, Binky Barnes, Rattles and Roger Klotz aren't grouches; they're bullies. There's a difference.

Personally my favorite Grouchy character has always been Grumpy Bear. I collect Care Bears and as I've gotten older I've found he's the character I can relate to the most as I'm often seen as Grumpy but when I do show how I really feel its shocking to people. I of course speak of the Nelvana Grumpy not the DIC as I don't really remember Grumpy from the DIC Animated Episodes of the Care Bears. (Nor do I care to they weren't as well animated as the Nelvana episodes.)

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Grumpy Bear for me. He was the Care Bear I always related to the most, and was the reason I watched any of the shows and movies. I even bought a Grumpy Bear when the dolls were re-released a few years back.

One of my favorites is William Murderface from Metalocalypse. He act as a strong contrast to the other characters, even though they all are dark and uncaring. Also, he's a good provider in the funny factor on the show (just his voice alone cracks me up).

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Not quite a cartoon, but Oscar rules this category. I mean, the guy would try to feed trash to children.

I would say that as well, but he's a Muppet. Though, in a technicality, they did have him as a cartoon character in that Simpsons episode.

THAT is Balance? At least you didn't forget Evictus from The Roman Holidays.

P.S., Slate's OK, but I hate Cosmo Spaceley with a passion, so the pundits say.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What color is our footer?

Thread Information