Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Regarding Toilet Humor

I?m just curious. Do children really like toilet humor? With the belching and the farting and the plethora of snot. I may have a bad memory, but when I was younger, I never really found that sort of humor appealing. Unfortunately, it?s quite prevalent in this day and age and it always upsets me when some of my favorite animated programs resort to that sort of humor. I even heard stories about how Disney was showing edited commercials for their classic movies that contained toilet humor in them despite the fact that it didn?t exist in the original work, though I never saw them for myself.

So, to repeat my question, do children really enjoy that sort of humor?

Regarding Toilet Humor

I do remember finding poo and pee humor, as well as farts, to be funny as a child, but aroud the time I went to middle school, I started to find jokes involving bodily functions to be more juvenile. Not as much disgusting, but more so unappealing for me.

I believe that kids do like potty humor, yes, but I refuse to accept that children won't be able to find a show or movie funny without any. Alongside Ren & Stimpy and Cow & Chicken, I adored Rocky & Bullwinkle and a vast majority of Hanna-Barbera series that don't contain the slightest belch, and I don't see why the children of today wouldn't.

Regarding Toilet Humor

Oh, I loved that kind of stuff as a kid, but you didn't really see it on kids' TV aside from Nickelodeon, which was the "rebel" channel back then. I'd think kids would be less interested if potty jokes were part of "the establishment" now.

Regarding Toilet Humor

I don't recall any potty humor on the classic versions of Scooby Doo and Tom & Jerry and yet, both toons do well with todays audience. I simply go with the category that the suits like to assume that children in general are narrow minded.

Regarding Toilet Humor

I found potty humor pretty funny when I was younger, and I still do. It's simply a matter of how much. If that's a show's only source of humor, it's fine with me, but sometimes I just have to change the channel of turn the TV off for a while if it gets to extreme. So I say yes, a lot of kids enjoy it, but as we get older we want less of it.

Regarding Toilet Humor

I admit it. I found it funny too when I was younger. I don't think that we need it in everything because there was tons of shows I loved back in the day that kept that stuff to a minimum.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Regarding Toilet Humor

For me, toilet humor is, like many things in life, best taken in small doses. I can take the occasional 'naughty' joke once in a while if it's only done in moderation, but when a show seems to feed and clothe themselves on nasty bodily function jokes like say, on Drawn Together, that's when it's a turnoff for me.

Regarding Toilet Humor

I guess it was funny when I was a kid,now it's kind of annoying.

Real Member

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Regarding Toilet Humor

I always felt embarrassed when I watched someone making a huge fart.

Farting is about as funny as blinking.

The only gross-out jokes I'm able to stand are the ones in Foster's. That's because they make it so subtle and just say it rather than actually showing it. Like:

"That is the last time I'm flushing the toliet." or "Listen bub, if you don't tell me what I'm able to buy for 25 cent so I can use the bathroom you're gonna spend the rest of the day mopping up this floor!!"

And Drawn Together, there were only a few gross-out jokes I didn't frown at on first-view. A lot of their throw up and diarreha jokes take a couple of watches to be able to not go "Gross. :|" to.

I'm sure people would disagree and say they'll never like it, but hey, you know, I recently watched the episode "Freaks and Greeks" and didn't mind that scene of Hero throwing up on the family's dinner. It just took me awhile to get to that stage.

Regarding Toilet Humor

I've never been fond of toilet humor,and most likely never will....The only series I really like that uses alot of this kind of humor is South Park,but I still usually don't find it funny..... Humor wise,I love slapstick,puns (the worse the better...I blame Rocky and Bullwinkle and the Muppets,which I watched alot of growing up),characters being stupid/bizzare,and,if it's done right,references/parodies of other series...

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What color is our footer?

Thread Information