Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

"9" Talkback (Spoilers)

When the world ends, their journey begins.

"9, you shall protect the future."

Title: 9
    Release: 9/9/09
    Director: Shane Acker
    Writers: Pamela Pettler (screenplay) and Shane Acker (story)
    Producers: Tim Burton and Timur Bekmambetov
    Cast: Elijah Wood, John C. Reilly, Jennifer Connelly, Christopher Plummer, Crispin Glover, Martin Landau
    Studio: Focus Features/Universal
    Rating: PG-13 due to violence and scary images

Plot: When 9 first comes to life, he finds himself in a post-apocalyptic world where all humans are gone, and it is only by chance that he discovers a small community of others like him taking refuge from fearsome machines that roam the earth intent on their extinction. Despite being the neophyte of the group, 9 convinces the others that hiding will do them no good. They must take the offensive if they are to survive, and they must discover why the machines want to destroy them in the first place. As they'll soon come to learn, the very future of civilization may depend on them. (Focus Features via IMDB)

Tim Burton and the man who directed Wanted and the Russian film Night Watch takes us to what happens after the end of the world with the already visually stunning 9. It's scoring middling reviews on Rotten Tomatoes as of this post, though. Is it good? Discuss.

"9" Talkback (Spoilers)

I saw it. It's pretty cool. I like the dark dangerous atmosphere.
    Not to happy with the characters, they kind of lacked depth.

"9" Talkback (Spoilers)

Just got back. It was pretty cool. My only beef is that it felt rushed. The movie felt like it was an hour long.

"9" Talkback (Spoilers)

So it's true, that it's ridiculously short.

That hurts it a bit, because I was expecting the film to be more than 2 hours.

I mean, seriously, it's THAT short, wow.

"9" Talkback (Spoilers)

I went to the 3pm screening. The movie started at 3:15pm, after the previews. It was over at 4:30pm. In other words, 1hr and 15mins.

"9" Talkback (Spoilers)

I wonder how much if anything Burton and Temur had to do with the movie.

"9" Talkback (Spoilers)

o______o Wow.

This disappoints me a bit, but at the same time, I'll still go see it. I feel obligated to, as a Crispin Glover fan. Plus the animation looks visually stunning.

It does sadden me to hear the characters lack depth, as I find character development to be very important. Still, it sounds fascinating, but almost hyped up for so little...

I have a feeling though, that I'll prefer Crispin's role as Willard to him as 6. D; Oh well.

... To be fair, this was based off a short film. With that in mind, it's probably better off not being stretched out needlessly.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

"9" Talkback (Spoilers)

I think Timur was a producer in name only. Burton, I'm not sure, but he's been promoting the movie since Comic Con.

"9" Talkback (Spoilers)

Well remember that it is based on a seven minute long animated short, they probably extended it as much as they could.

"9" Talkback (Spoilers)

saw it today. Thought it was a decent flick. It's not like I want a refund or had my hope too high or anything.

I think the length was okay. It's a million times better for a movie to be too short and leave you wanting more than for a movie to be too long.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

How many letters in the word Rabroad

Thread Information