Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Mars Needs Moms

Mars Needs Moms

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=70824

New info as well as the teaser poster.

Mars Needs Moms

Will this be photorealistic motion capture stuff like the Zemeckis movies ?

Mars Needs Moms

Zemeckis is still making movies like this? I thought his mo-cap company was shut down.

Mars Needs Moms

Another dose of creepy dead-eyed photo-realistic mo-cap is bad enough, but the fact that they applied it to one of Berke Breathed's stories just makes it even more discouraging. The guy has a great style, and mo-cap can't even begin to capture it. Yawn.

(P.S. I still want a hand-drawn Bloom County movie. Someday...)

Mars Needs Moms

Mars Needs Moms

I'm just not into it. The look of the characters and the trailer overall is completely off-putting.

Mars Needs Moms

It might as well have been live-action. These CG mannequins are kind of creepy.

Mars Needs Moms

Seth Green's character sounds nothing like Seth Green in my opinion.

Like the look of the Martian technology, but yeahhh... I'm not interested.

Mars Needs Moms

From what I've read on Wikipedia, this looks to be another movie that's less about telling a story, and more about illustrating a moral (in this case, the moral about how mothers are special, and that you should be careful what you wish for). In other words, and IMHO, this is another "family" movie that's more for the parents to entertain their families with. OTOH, if this movie had more of a balance between the two parts, I probably would have been more willing to watch....

Mars Needs Moms

It is shut down, but he already had two movies in production before Disney pulled the plug: this one, and a remake of Yellow Submarine. (:sweat Apparently, Disney will allow these movies to be finished and released, and then shut it down. Granted, if they are successful and Zemeckis' technology improves, they may change their mind.

EDIT: Just saw the trailer. That is about the creepiest motion capture I have ever seen. The faces and eyes don't even look remotely real.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the number after 87?

Thread Information