I got a very bad score on my AP biology lab and I was wondering why this was the case. Could someone help me find the errors and help me improve (I think it has to do with the variables?)? I am failing.

Research Question:

Can water lilies be used to determine water quality?

Now that we have a general understanding of oxygen and air quality, let’s see if water lilies could be used to determine water quality. In this experiment, the independent variable is the quality of water (in this case, the water quality in various ponds), and the dependent variables are the water lilies placed in the said ponds.
Many natural variables can affect the water lilies, however, such as native algae, soil, and even the amount of sunlight being used in the lilies’ photosynthetic cycle. Because of this, there will be a constant and many of the variables will be as controlled as possible.

Hypothesis:

Yes, since water lilies are an important part of certain aquatic, freshwater ecosystems, I believe that they should be able to determine a pond’s water quality. With changing/varying water qualities in each pond, the water lilies should attempt to adapt (and either fail or succeed) to survive.