Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

if you have a houswife that doesn't work should you expect her to cook?

I know it sounds very sexist but I am not trying to be. The way I see it if she worked and I got to stay home the least i could do for her is cook. Is it wrong to expect breakfast from her when i go to work?
    @snick I see your point, it's just breakfast is my favorite meal and dinner not being cooked i don't mind so much but no breakfast angers me. I know i could cook breakfast but im usually rushing as soon as i wake up, i know i could wake up earlier but would rather not.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I think that the two of you should sit down and write everything that is expected of you. If you're working a 9-5 job [with a lunch break...] while she is playing the role of mommy and/or housewife for 24 hours, then maybe you should make your own breakfast and let her sleep. Or maybe you two can compromise- she makes breakfast, but you make dinner. Do you know what I'm saying? Divide the work in a way that you both see as even. And put it in writing so that neither of you can turn around and say, "what the fudge are you talking about? I never agreed to that."

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    When I didn't work, I kept house, ran the errands, remembered the family birthdays, did the grocery shopping and laundry, mowed the lawn, and yes - I cooked. My contribution was easing my husband's responsibilities outside of work, so he could relax after work ... and continue to support the family.

When I worked and he didn't, he did the same thing with the housework, etc. ... so I could relax.

Then, when we both worked, we split the house/family responsibilities so that each of us had equal free time.

A marriage should be a partnership, not one adult and one child.

P.S. ... when I stayed at home, I got up and fixed breakfast for my husband. He had to be on the jobsite at dawn. I went back to bed for a few more hours after he left (a luxury he didn't get to enjoy). If he could get up for my sake to go out and work at that time in the morning, I could certainly get up to cook him breakfast in appreciation.

Real Member

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    no it's perfectly right in my opinion you know there is a saying we Hispanics use that says "buena pa'l metate mala pa'l petate" and vise verse that means that if she is good cooking she may not be in bed or the opposite if she is good in bed she may not be cooking but if she is not good in anything just get rid of her and get a latina girlfriend.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes!!! But it kinda depends on how early you are going to work! If its five in the morning.... you'll probably get an objection from me! Otherwise.... I would gladly cook breakfast, lunch and dinner if I can stay home.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I think it is fair to expect her to cook.

EXPECT, ASSUME..........Communication is the word a couple should talk and they do things for eachother. I personally am not a morning person and there is a thing called cereal and micro breakfast food that is where communication came into the picture in my house at that time. RESPECT is another good word. Expect an awful word..

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I never understood what the point of a housewife was if they couldn't cook.

They don't bring in the bacon, and I'm going to guarantee most complain about mundane crap..
    because they 'have it so hard, since they never clock off' like most whiny SAHM like to think.

Truth is, if I had a housewife I'd expect a damn good one, why else let her leisure around the house if she can't even cook a decent meal? what else is she suppose to be good at if she can't even cook

OR learn how to for the sake of her family?

I want my man to enjoy my meals, so my butt is right in the kitchen practicing and I'll gladly cook from scratch everyday ..any day, since I'd pride myself on being useful and not lazy.

*** if it angers you, it's your fault for putting up with her, you choose to marry her, so quit whining, either you set your foot down and make her get a job or tell sign her up for some cooking classes...**

you people blow my mind! You are the bread winner, so why don't you call the damn shots?
    grow a pair!

EDIR: Nite _angelica

you're exactly the type I'm talking about. What exactly do you do, that you can't do more then half of the work if your a s s sits at home?

you put women to shame, housewives I should say...I wouldn't be surprise if he divorces your a s s tomorrow...you sound useless to me..
    lol

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Ummm YES... I thought you would say dinner ready for you when you got home. To expect her to get up and fix you breakfast when you are obviously a full grown man is a bit extreme. I am sure she does many other things for you, and seriously you need to give this one up.. its expecting too much.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes, it's not too much to ask for her to maintain the home, which includes cooking......??

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What color is our footer?

Thread Information