Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

dark knight plot/story questions/discussion. *spoilers out the ass*

in no particular order and yes, i'm nitpicking what i think was a movie that fully lives up to the hype:

other than when he was beating the joker's ass in the interrogation room, it seemed as though batman was being portrayed as being much more physically strong than the first film. did anyone else think this? i don't mean the gun bending and tuna can action on the van in his opening fight as that was all technology/tools. i just mean him dropping the swat guys in two hits a piece and literally throwing people around.

why, why WHY? did he continue to have problems with dogs, especially after the first encounter with them? you have a newer, lighter suit that makes you faster, you have fucking sonar built in to your helmet and you can't figure out how the fuck to build tazer technology into your gloves to deal with some dogs? pepper spray works damn well for mailmen and you've got a c4 putty launcher but you won't mace a dog?

i figured from the previews that the bat pod would come about after the destruction of the tumbler and wasn't surprised to see it. overall, i had no issues with the bat pod except for that one time where he stopped it by running it up a wall........ i thought we were going for "somewhat plausible" with this batman series.

another issue with the "somewhat plausible" was the sky hook extraction. it was cool as fuck, just don't know how you'd survive instantly going from standing still to the flight speed of an airplane. (250ish mph?) fuck it, it was cool. edit: apparently i have a horrific grasp of physics and this wouldn't cause an issue. edit v2: i'll leave this in here for the sake of owning up to the fact that i know fuck all about physics or made some horrible assumptions as the CIA really did use this shit.

lastly, how the fuck does batman survive these falls? he jumps several stories down to smash the top of the vehicle scarecrow is getting away with and does so unscathed. he falls with rachel off of the top of a skyscraper and never uses the grapple gun nor the memoryfabriccapegliderthing and they survive that fall. same thing with when he throws sal off of the building. sal breaks his ankles, bats just lands all dramatic looking after jumping from the same height.

if there's a third film, i only have these to things to grasp at for a villain.

1) someone on the web pointed out that the scumbag lawyer, reese, may or may not be the riddler. mr. reese = mysteries
    2) when fox is telling wayne about the limitations of the new suit, wayne asks about dogs, fox says rottweiler or chihuahua? maybe not but it'll work on cats. yeah, we're grasping at one line but maybe catwoman?

joker in nurse's outfit = willem dafoe in drag in boondock saints. or is it just me?

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

and yes, i'm nitpicking shit and this is about all i can "complain" about.

yeah i got a laught out of that also

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

agreed, as i said i think it lives up to the hype.

As for your take on the skyhook... that is something that actually has been used in real life. Hell it was used back in the 1960's for the movie "thunderball." So it is not like that was a stretch by any means.

no.

at skyhook.

oh. nevermind then.

needs more nitpicking about not enough two-face.

which I will preemptively respond to as studio enforced time limits.
    There's possibly a 3-hour or so directors cut.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

i hope so. eckhart did a real standup job of showing a distraught man tortured by grief giving in to revenge. seriously, ledger and eckhart gave outstanding performances which seem to overshadow bale's contribution, even though bale did a fantastic job (as usual) of playing his roles as the real wayne, the playboy wayne and bats.

I think they left this out so that in the next movie they could introduce Harley Quinn. The swat team captures the Joker and takes him to Arkham where Harley falls in love with him etc... That probably won't happen now though

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the sum of 36 and 12

Thread Information