Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast

Big Changes Slated for March

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8330/5.0.0.438 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/389)

I'd honestly pay a couple hundred for a cricket android provided the plan was not extreme.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Been away for awhile, with reality getting in the way of my internets and all that.

Anyway, on with the thread:

Cricket has some huge fundamental changes right around the corner, most likely beginning March 9th.

1) Rate plan pricing will be greatly simplified. There will be only 3 plans to choose from: $30, $40, and $50. The $50 plan will feature unlimited nationwide roaming as standard.

2) Taxes will be included in plan price. $50 plan=$50 monthly bill. True flat-rate pricing finally comes to Cricket! :buddies:

3) The wildly unpopular $10 late payment fee? Gone. :clapping:

4) The bad news? No more first month free with new activations. The good news? Lower prices on phones, which is always a good thing. The best part? This will, in effect, remove the "loyalty penalty" for current customers looking to upgrade their hanRABet. :2thurabs:

Now for the disclaimer: this may or may not be the case in all markets. But it's definitely happening in Chicago.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

I checked my area (78752) and its still included in ours.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Well, that's what MetroPCS has right?

Isn't that another sign of a merger?

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Taxes and fees are NOT included in the new plans. The current billing system doesn't have the ability to do this. The new billing system coming in the next couple of months does, however there is not an official plan to roll taxes and fees into the plan price yet, but i suspect it's coming soon after the billing system upgrade.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Is this a prank? Seriously?

What he means is that Cricket will have national roaming included in their plans so I can actually get in a car and drive an interstate for 500 miles and make a call. I can actually drive I-77 south of Charlotte and have service all the way to Colurabia and not have to pay 25 cents a minute after leaving Rock Hill where Cricket coverge enRAB. You won't need a roaming pack, the roaming will just be included in the plan. As far as in market roaming, he means that you will not be able to roam on Sprint while in a Cricket market which makes sense looking at the map. There are lots of places on that map that Cricket has no service in my market and Sprint does. This sucks.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

I agree. It looks like they are transitioning everyone to sell Paygo. Paygo phone prices and margins but with a % of the first month (that isn't free) and a % of everyone who pays his/her bill going to the dealer.

This will really screw the dealers. Not to mention no VI $$ or Co-Op...

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

I'm sure that only a mind reader could have "obviously" known that you clicked the link and that you "clearly" directed your question at how it pertained to the merger when all you said was "Oh yes? What will we see/hear?".

My guess is that all of your questions will be answered at 11:00 a.m. Eastern Time on Wednesday, March 10th.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thats about the durabest thing I have heard here of late. Houdini and its use has no bearing on a merger whatsoever.
    That's like saying you and your neigrabroador are getting married cause you both drive ForRAB.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the sum of 36 and 12

Thread Information